Xero update

:warning:UPDATE - check out our brand new Xero integration here: tide.co/blog/xero-integration

Hello all,

We released our first accounting software integration with Xero last year, and since then, have also developed integrations with other softwares, including FreeAgent and ReckonOne.

We’ve had really useful input from members on the Xero integration specifically, with one point of feedback standing out in particular: transactions can’t be reconciled in bulk in Xero. Currently they need to be reconciled individually, under the ‘Account Transactions’ tab, rather than the ‘Reconcile’ tab.

Here’s why: Xero doesn’t yet offer a bank feed API, which would allow your Tide statements to be recorded directly and automatically in Xero. So we haven’t been able to build as full an integration as we’d like - yet.

Historically Xero have created, for each bank, a separate process to get the transactions of their clients in to Xero.

Unfortunately this is something they’re no longer offering on a bank by bank basis and have replaced it with the bank feed API that we are waiting for.

We built the integration to reconcile Tide transactions automatically based on the categorisations in our app. And this works well for companies with low transaction volumes, but less well for companies with a high volumes or those that give their accountant access to Xero.

We’re working closely with Xero to further improve this integration, and they’ve confirmed that a bank feed API will be available in the future - which is great news. In the interim, we’ve been considering improvements to current functionality, like giving you the option to choose if you want Tide to reconcile your transactions automatically.

We have plans to support .CSVs that can be uploaded directly to Xero in the future. In the meantime, if you’ve an accountant, you can give them access to the account reader. They’ll then be able to download .CSVs in the right format.

In the light of the feedback we received from iOS members - we’ve decided to not release this integration on Android. We’ll make our Xero integration available for all our members once Xero release their bank feed API.

If you’re currently using the direct link between Xero and Tide, we’d love to hear your feedback and suggestions. They’ll explicitly inform our improvements - please reach out if you’d like to share your views in more detail (either via email to hello@tide.co or just send a message to the Help team).

Thanks in advance.

Ali
Product Manager

Xero Connectivity
Android Xero integration
Xero Integration Issue - forced reconcilliation of transactions
Xero Integration Issues
Xero Integration Issue - forced reconcilliation of transactions

Hi Ali,

Do you have any further update about this?

Many thanks

Zak

Hi @Zak,

Xero have given us early access to their bank-feed API, and we are actively working on an integration. We will be making an announcement in the coming days.

If you would like, I can include you on our list for early access?

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your response.

Yes please , can you please give us an early access. Our company name is Blockex Ltd.

Many thanks

Hi Ali,

I’d love to be included too - I’ve been waiting with great anticipation for this.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi @LoftBoardingScotland

Happy to confirm we’ve added you to our waitlist for early access.

Thanks,
Valentine

Can we be added to the early access list for feeds please

Swagwear

Thanks
Mark

Hi @swagwear,

I’ve added you to the list :slight_smile:

Thanks
Valentine

Hi there,

We’d like to be added to the early access list also please.

Cheers,
Jelte

Hi @Jelte ,

I’ve added you to the list :slight_smile:

Thanks
Valentine

Hey,

Could i please be added to the early access list?

Thank you

Happy to confirm I’ve added you to the list @antongabb :slight_smile:

Thanks
Valentine

Hi Valentine,

I’d love to be added to the early access list too!

Thanks

I have added you to the list @henrysoda :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I’m very happy to let you know that our new Bank Feed integration with Xero is here :slight_smile:

You can learn more about the integration and how to set it up here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Valentine

closed #18

archived #19