Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Hi,

I had to reinstall my tide app yesterday. After getting through the steps I was informed I am locked out of my account until “additional checks” take place.

I need to make payments to my accountant and HMRC today to start winding down my company and am concerned we’re going to miss tight deadlines for the end of this week.

It annoying that reinstalling an app requires locking me out of my account. It is inexcusable that it has taken this long without providing any feedback on the reason for the delay or to the ticket I raised yesterday. I have also sent an email to [email protected] at 11:48am today.

Reading the delays others have experienced is concerning although most people seem to disappear (presumably because their issue is solved). It seems only fair that I feed back on how long it takes to successful resolve this, for others to get an idea of the typically length for a very, very simple issue.

Hello @Lee3

If you don’t mind confirming the name of your company, I could look into it for you?

Awaiting your reply!
Harry

Hi - I have responded via email (my gmail account) and on the ticket response as well to Alexander Gates.
Thanks.

Hi - I can confirm that I have been able to log in as of about 4pm, and I was able to transfer my funds today as required.

To recap for others with similar issues. My initial request was raised at 9pm Monday evening, I received a response very quickly after posting here within the community forum (and sending a mail) the next day around midday. I didn’t see a notification or update but logged in to check and realised I could now log in. It may have been activated before 4pm.

It has not been the best experience if I’m honest, however on a personal note I am grateful for your help in getting this resolved very quickly.

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.

18 days later

Hi
It started to do additional checks after trying to activate card, why wasnt it done in the 3 days before. I have money now paid into the account which i cant access conveniently. Teddy at Tide was helping me apparently and messaged me back after my first message but didnt bother to get back to me after asking for my company name and mob no??? Annoying and frustrating and if not resolved shortly will close account and open Starling account.

Thanks for following up on this @MITS2020

Teddy or one of our other Member Support agents will update you as soon as possible when the checks are complete, we’ll try not to keep you waiting too long!

Thank you again for your patience thus far.

Regards,
Obi

Hi Obe
How long do the checks take I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon.
Don’t understand and no explanation as to why checks carried out after trying to activate card 3 days after opening account with same ID and after funds have been paid into account via your invoicing from app?
Does not give me any confidence i continuing to bank with tide and may close account if not resolved soon.
Not good experience so far and dont want to involve Trading Standards but am contemplating.
Thanks

If the additional checks issue is not sorted today and access to my account is not restored I would like to CLOSE my account and move money into my personal account. This was my first month, client paid invoice on Fri but I cant access account to pay myself. How do I pay mortgage etc and bills. I have no funds at moment distressing in current global situation and to top it off you stop access to my account and call it additional checks!

Thank you for following up on this @MITS2020

I’ve chased this up with the team so that we can complete the process from our side as soon as we possibly can. I’m not sure what resulted in you going through our account recovery process in relation to activating your card, but we’ll sort this out for you soon.

Regards,
Obi

hi there i am in the same position as above and i need to get access to my cash can you please advise how long this will take? THe verification was nearly instant when i opened my account but now it is left hanging. Please help

Thanks for letting us know @martydoc

I’ve just checked in with the team and brought your recovery request to their attention, they’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Thank you for being patient with us!

Regards,
Obi

Hello, I am in the exact same position as MITS2020 above. I really need access to my account, and it’s so far been on that screen for 24 hours. This is really hurting my business. Very grateful if you can respond asap.
thanks,

Thanks again @CICjeff for reaching out.

I’m glad that we were able to clear everything up, if we have any other updates on the other things we discussed, I’ll make sure to reach out right away.

Regards,
Obi

2 months later

I have been waiting for the “Additional checks” to be completed for 4 days so far. I’ve also sent an email and hoping customer services will do something.

Hello @hooper35,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delayed reply here.

I can see that our team has been in touch and I believe everything is now resolved.

Please, let me know if anything else comes up. I will be more than happy to help.

Regards,
Borislav