US Dollars not accepted?

I am confused.
I queried why a transaction was declined (no apparent reason to me).
Support tell me US Dollar transactions are not and have never been accepted.
but i have made USD payments before

So, Are US Dollars not accepted ??

Thanks

Hi Krakastan!

Thanks for getting in touch.

I’m afraid that our ICA (International Currency Accounts) feature doesn’t allow USD transactions into and out of your Tide international business account at the moment. Of course, we’ll be adding many more currencies in the future, including, USD, and we’ll let you know once we do. Right now, you can use your IBAN/SWIFT details to receive payments from the USA but they have to be in GBP.

You’re able to make card payments to USA merchants though.

Check out our ICA FAQ for more information here: https://www.tide.co/ica-faq/ and if you have any further questions, please do contact us through the in-app chat or hello@tide.co . We’ll be more than happy to help!

I was given this as the (possible) reason a card payment was declined (which contradicts your assertion above). Was support wrong?

Hi again!

I would love to help you further but I was unable to locate your conversation with my colleague. Would you mind sending a quick message in-app and mention my name (David) so I can investigate this for you?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Did that - to no avail.
I am now being told that there is an issue with USD being declined so tide have suspended USD payments and to use another card (which implies that you do accept USD)

So I assume that this means that I need to go and change all my US payments that are stored for Auto Renew??
Are there any other issues we should know about ie with other currencies?

Why is it so difficult to get accurate information??

Hello again,

I can confirm that we’re looking further into this and we will provide you with an update as soon as one is available. Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation!

In the meantime, please do let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. I’d be glad to!