Urgent ! - ongoing complaint- ongoing complaint - ongoing complaint!

THIS MATTER HAS BEEN ONGOING SINCE MAY 2019! VOLUMINOUS E-MAILS AND FORUM POSTS HAVE BEEN SENT! YET TO DATE THIS MATTER IS UNRESOLVED! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS AND RECONCILE OUR ACCOUNT!!

DETAILED BELOW ARE THE RELEVANT E-MAILS AND FORUM POSTS, FROM THE MANY REFERRED TO ABOVE, WHICH REFLECT THE SITUATION CLEARLY IN ORDER FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION AND RESOLVE THIS MATTER.

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: Re: [I Need Help] Can’t download updated app
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 11:50:10 +0100
To: Tide <hello@tide.co>

Good morning,

Thank you for your reply.

We did receive an e-mail; however, I am unaware of any telephone calls. Notwithstanding this, the issue is not that you failed to inform us of the change, but that the new version of the app is not compatible with our device as it will not update to the required Android version. Further, this matter does still need to be recorded as a complaint, as we have been seeking your assistance since early May; however, it was not until 14th June 2019 that somebody finally responded. This lack of service is unacceptable when we had clearly informed you that we were unable to access our bank account.

It is noted that the e-mail we received from you on 29th May 2018 stated “From 1st July, the app will no longer support any devices running on operating system versions older than iOS 10 or Android 5.0.0…”. However, we were using the app, on the usual device, without issue until earlier this year. Please could you advise why this is when you state that the Android version barrier cannot be overcome?

Notwithstanding the above, we really have no option but to accept what you are stating regarding the requirement for an alternative device. Therefore, we have considered the offer you have made and have decided that we are willing to accept this and purchase a new device in order to enable us to download and access the updated app.

Please could you advise the process to follow in order for you to make payment toward the new device?

Many thanks.

WDG

On 21/06/2019 15:33, Tide wrote:

Hello,

I spoke with the tech department and I’m afraid it wouldn’t be possible for us to overcome the Android version barrier. I have a confirmation that all members were contacted via email and phone when this was announced and we’ve tried to call you on the number associated with the account 4 times, but there was no answer.

In this case, the only option to make this work is to run the app on another device. I’m sorry about this and I took the case to another department.

What we can do is to cover £50 of the costs for a new device if you are willing to change the device used.

Best Regards,
Atanas

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to draw this to our attention.

I’m sorry to hear about your recent experience and would really love to help you further. I can confirm that our Complaints manager has been in touch with you via e-mail to the one associated with your business. Kindly refer to that, as we look forward to resolving this as quickly as possible for your convenience!

Thanks once again and I wish you and your business every success ahead.

Warmest regards,

David