Updated product roadmap: your monthly update

We said two weeks ago that we’d share an updated roadmap once a month, so consider this a bonus :wink:

As with everything Tide this week, our product roadmap has had a makeover. But more importantly, we released new versions of both our iOS and Android apps at the start of this week which are reskinned and contain a raft of new feature.

Thanks again for your input and support – we plan to continue providing updates on a monthly basis. Share your thoughts below!

Could you please tell me how account holders currently arrange for regular payments for services (e.g. web hosting, business mobile, leases, etc). Do direct debits work, but not yet standing orders?

Hi Joe,

Happy to confirm that Tide accounts support outbound Direct Debit payments, you can learn more about this here.

We’re working hard to introduce standing orders in the coming months. If you’d like to register your interest for Tide Preview, our beta testing programme, and test features before their general release, you can do so here. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Desperate to know when Iban will be added…

Keeps being promised but nothing yet…

Want to ditch my Lloyd’s business account and swap ASAP!!!

Rup

It is Lloyds not Lloyd’s
So it should be Lloyds’ business account.
Lloyds is a bank, Lloyd’s is an insurance corporation.

Hi Rupert,

We’re working hard to introduce IBANs soon. If you’d like to register your interest for Tide Preview, our beta testing programme, and test features before their general release, you can do so here. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Standing orders is important to me, but so too is the ability to set up payments for a future date - this is necessary for most businesses I would have thought - I want to be able to not pay now, but know its all set up to go when needed, rather than having to set up a reminder somewhere else and come back to it. Is this all included together?

Hi Andrew,

The ability to set up payments for a future date is a functionality that we are developing however we don’t have an official date for the release. Stay tuned!

Ok. But until I have these I can only use Tide alongside my existing account. I am sure you are aware that Starling offers all this plus nil charging. One of my clients went this way yesterday, my having recomended Tide, and I had to agree they had made right decision.

Gotta say Starling are easier to talk to you can have a chat with the ceo on twitter!! they keep to timescales and provide an excellent service. they don’t do the invoicing etc but the banking service is setting the standard for banks generally let alone mobile based services…

THEY ALSO OFFER IBAN!!!

Yes Rupert, agreed. The invoicing seems like a nice to have when basic banking features are missing and not clear when they are coming. I want to believe in Tide, but I may have to go with Starling who seem to have it right at launch.

Hi Andrew,

We’re doing some final internal testing for our Standing Orders feature. It shouldn’t be long now until our preview members can test it.

If you’d like to register your interest for Tide Preview, our beta testing programme, and test features before their general release, you can do so here.

Let me know if you’ve any other questions, I’d be happy to help.
Valentine

Thanks Valentine. Have registered for beta.