Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Dear Tide,

On the 7th of August 2020 my customer sent me a substantial sum of money on to my main bank account with Tide. As my bank account limit was set to £125K as confirmed in the Tide app, I assumed that I have enough space for that amount of money. In result Tide somehow blocked my transfer with a message “Limit exceeded” as confirmed by Tide support on 10th of August 2020.

In short here my problem: The customer confirmed that the money left their account without any problem and Tide confirmed that they received the money but it’s not showing on my account as the limit was exceeded (which is a Tide.co bug as my limit is £125K and I didn’t exceeded it with the mentioned transfer).

In result because of the Tide.co software bug it seems that Tide lost my money. I assume so as my customer and me do not have it and the last time my money was seen was in Tide.co system. I’m trying to obtain ANY update from your support. I raised a ticket through the app, then sent an email and I decided to reach out to you’re for help as I’m losing my trust in your services. I would expect that your support would provide me a guidance on what happened and forward the money to my bank account. My expectation is that my money is save with my bank!

In summary, can you PLEASE provide me an update and PLEASE forward my money to my bank account?

Regards,
Martin

Hi there @lipos

Thank you for reaching out about this - I can see that the team have already been able to reply on your messages in-app to advise on what you can expect in this regard.

A few months ago we did enact an account limit increase across all of our active members to increase their account balance limits to 125k, though there have been a few isolated cases where this wasn’t properly applied. Our colleagues will work to amend this if that’s the case, feel free to reply to them in the app if you have any questions or concerns, they’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Obi

Thank you for you update.

I understand that you had a problem with your system and I’m trying to be patient although as you know my 16K is nowhere to be found at the moment because of your system glitch. I never had this situation before and I was instructed that the money will be returned to my customer in 3-6 days (starting from the 7th of August when the transfer bounced unexpectedly from my Tide account).
I really hope that we soon will be able to leave this issue behind us, but today from my point of view my money is gone and nobody is able to pinpoint its location.

I will keep you updated on my case and the will provide a description of my problem for everyone that will have a similar problem in the future. As I don’t know the location of my money, I hope you appreciate that the situation is rather stressful. I think I’m being reasonable with my fear and I really hope for a positive outcome!

I appreciate the communication and support that I receive from you and hope for the best!

Regards,
Martin

Hi @lipos

Thank you again for following up on this. Currently, just based off of the information I can see and without posting the details of the exact transaction here, I can confirm that this should already have returned to the sender.

If, on their side, they look for it with the original payment details that were generated when it was sent, they should be able to locate it without any issue. As the payment never fully reached your account, there is only one transfer and the sender should be able to locate it with its original details.

If you do need any help with this, please don’t hesitate to leave a message to the team in the app so they can look into it.

Regards,
Obi

Hi,

I just confirmed with my customer as as of 17 of August 2020 the money DID NOT return to their bank account. I hope you understand that Tide’s system bug caused this issue by rejecting a complexity valid bank transfer. Nobody is able to explain me where’s my money and considering that you are my bank that is very concerning. I hope you understand that I expect you to resolve this problem as I’m not an expert in banking and I don’t have access to your systems to review this case.

I will update your team by a message but please be aware that I’m becoming very concerned therefore I hope this issue will be handled as a priority!

Regards,
Martin

Thank you for getting back to me on this @lipos

In this instance, it isn’t a technical issue that caused this, not so much a bug as the account’s limits not having been updated across the board on our side.

Normally when a payment like this is unable to enter the account, the sender should be able to locate it with the original sending details, as it would not return as a separate transfer. Regardless, I trust that the team will be able to provide you with all the necessary details or otherwise assist in this.

Regards,
Obi

@Obi_at_Tide

Thank you for your update.

In this instance, it isn’t a technical issue that caused this, not so much a bug as the account’s limits not having been updated across the board on our side.

My app was showing that my limit was updated to £125K but your system was configured at a level of £100K. If it’s not a system bug then it’s a human mistake. I really don’t mind, I just want my money on my account as usually.

I’m in a position where Tide don’t have my money and the customer doesn’t see it on their account. All of that because of the mistake on your side. I’m stressed and sadly you are faster to respond to my queries than your support. That’s why I chose to communicate with you - kudos to you!

The main ticket where we discussed it with your support was closed even though I ask to keep it open. I created a third thicket and I’m waiting for an update.

Regards,
Martin

I’ll certainly have a look with the team so that we can address this accordingly.

As I understand this was a faster payment and it’s highly unusual for them to be unaccounted for for quite so long.

Hopefully my colleagues’ll be able to help sort this out quickly for you!

Regards,
Obi

@Obi_at_Tide

I notified your team using the support ticket are you suggested and I didn’t receive any answer for 2 long days - my 16K is nowhere to be found! It’s not my but your fault that the money bounced and got lost somewhere. I expect that you will help me!
I am very concern that nobody besides you takes my problem seriously.

What’s the SLA on answers of you support team? How do I escalate it or complain about it?

Please HEEEEELP!

Regards,
Martin

12 days later

Hi guys,

Please be aware that the problem was resolved after 3 weeks of investigations!

Regards,
Martin

Thank you for following up on this @lipos

Apologies for not checking in with you here sooner, don’t hesitate to get back to me if you need anything, I’ll be sure to look into it as promptly as I can.

Regards,
Obi