Tide lost BBL Accreditation? True or False?

Just saw several ppl post a message they supposedly got from Tide on Facebook saying they’ve lost accreditation and have paused lending.
Is this true?

Ok. So I’ve not been on to tide for weeks now
But dropped a message like a week ago. Just had a reply now… ( a week later)

"We’re extremely sorry for the delay in our response during the last few weeks. We thank you for your patience and understanding,

Please bear with us as we are currently receiving huge volumes of calls and messages and are working through the backlog as quickly as we can.

My name’s Alex from the member support and I’ll be assisting you.

I completely understand that you may be of great need in those times of crisis as most of our members and I would really like to give you hard information to step on, however, we are currently not able to comment on individual situations and time-frames as we’ve temporarily paused the lending of the loans as we’re waiting for accreditation.

We do expect to resume it real soon and even proceed with it with faster rates.

Also, we’re currently working on a tool that we will upload on our website with which you’ll be able to check your status for the BBL. Unfortunately, we can’t provide an estimate on that either.

Rest assured that you’ll be notified once we launch the new feature and once we’re ready to offer you the loan.

I hope this helps to clarify things a bit.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, don’t hesitate to ask!

Regards

This is extremely worrisome if this is the case. I have reached out to the British business bank to ask if they can clarify this.

“Waiting on accreditation”

I think most likely is he’s got his words switched up… we are aware they are waiting on more funds, which is why they arnt lending.

If they are waiting on accreditation (seems highly unlikely) the bbb still have them listed on the bbl page (pretty sure they wouldn’t). But if that unlikely scenario was the case can guarantee it will be down to morons getting on their high and mighty thinking it would be a click of the fingers process, borrowing hundreds of millions of £’s yet they can’t even get a bbl (the irony is incredible)… writing their very important letters to the fca and bbb feeling like they’ve added some good into the world.

Same kinds of people who used to write to Terry wogan on a Sunday to complain about how skimpy someone’s clothes were at 7pm on bbc1, probably the same kinds of people going out their way to write bad reviews on Trustpilot potentially taking down a business which creates jobs and people own. Aka - Tos*ers !!

“ We do expect to resume it real soon and even proceed with it with faster rates.”

Always trying to see the positive … real soon is 2 days less than soon, based on that snippet should be Sorted sometime soon. Estimated, anytime in the near future or near term for anyone who wants to get technical.

Lol

Keep the faith :crossed_fingers:

Still listed on bbb website…

guess it’s possible they have paused it ? to try and understand why there have been so many complaints, with tide needing to explain the situation.

If so theres a double dose of irony for the whiners.

Valentine and other moderators. I really hope this is false but since the question has been asked I really think it has to be answered by one of you guys straight away. Has Tide had its Bbl accreditation rescinded?

Thanks.

This is false!

Note the screen shot…

*We are not issuing loans and have no intention of starting. Fixed that for ya :rofl:

The government definitely messed this up.
Where do they expect smaller banks like Tide to get all this money without giving them access to BOE term funding.
All the angry tideans should be directing the anger at the government for not funding these loans.
If the government can find the funds to bail out big corporations, why can’t they give Tide money to help small businesses?

We might issue some loans but only to friends and family :+1::+1:

I agree 100% re Gov shoudl give Tide access to FUNDS (not just a guarantee) to let them lend. But to clarify, Tide is NOT a Regulated Bank, hence their inability to borrow from Bank of England

The government don’t care !!

Aye, I bet they would if there was an election next year, they wouldn’t leave 3m without support.

Sadly they are nothing more than talent contest salesmen their agenda is to play chess with their responsibilities to better their positions.

It is the sad state of British (& American) politics at present. They have it even worse over there, the fed print money and give it to each other, it’s incredible & generally people are none the wiser… fed donated $500b to 1 company (paid for with tax eventually ofc) & won’t even declare which company. Nothing shy of daylight robbery.

I disagree that it’s government fault.
In my opinion, the blame is fully on BBB and then Tide. The former shouldn’t have granted accreditation to company without funds, the latter should not have applied for without having funds.

Gov might be responsible (if anything) for not forcing high street banks to open new accounts and distribute BBL money.
I have different political view and in my opinion we all would have been in much much much worse position (probably in deep sh!t mess) should the labour were in power… just my 2cents

Re: waiting for accreditation, bear in mind their customer service is based in Bulgaria - might be simple language misunderstanding issue???

It’s government fault that they don’t grant funds to tide, it’s also government fault that they claim the “pot” is only so big, which just isn’t true & also the government fault there are 18 months of newly self employed without pay, all of that is the government fault, they could sort it out, but they won’t.

Tide are by no means perfect as can clearly be seen but they have lent a potential lifeline to many people, something they didn’t have to do, the fact they cannot borrow from boe therefore it takes longer… is, who’s fault? The governments.

Why?

Because they don’t really care & will view it as Collateral damage.

Also not sure how labour would cause more harm or we would be in deeper s*it ?.. considering the party is built around supporting the working class.

If you look back at national debt since the 2 party’s the conservatives have borrowed far more than labour, labour sadly were in power during the banking crisis so it was easy to point a finger of blame, but the legislation that caused the crisis was written under?

The tories.

One things for sure, they’re good at lying & leading people on.

We best not go down the overly political route :slight_smile: … never a wise move.

Irrelevant of party the fact remains they could pull their finger out their arse but they won’t.

The BBB will follow what laws and requirement are laid down by the exchequer, so the government is at fault. Even though i don’t care about the political aspect of things, but i do believe that we would have been better off had it been a labour government handling things as they seem to care for smaller businesses than the tories. Just my opinion.

Adelie foods with a 500mill revenue - Bust. No govt help 2500 jobs lost.

Chanel private wealthy European owned company (minimum U.K. jobs) - huge uk taxpayer bailout!

Johnson & his cronies will continue to rob us blind don’t worry about that.

Probably about time they bought a new aircraft carrier off their mate or privatise the Royal Mail to UAE @ 30% discount to its true value. Oh wait…