Tide is absolutely ridiculous

I’ve lost count of how many threads I’ve looked at with the passport scan error.

I’ve tried EVERYTHING to get the app to “automatically” scan my passport - here’s a hint Tide, if there’s a choice between a simple solution or a complicated solution ALWAYS pick the simple solution.
Give new customers a button to press that allows US to take the picture and not the app.

I’m standing around like a mong for an hour holding my phone up to my passport trying to get this crappy app to work.

It’s cool, you’re trying to piss new customers off so they’ll go elsewhere, not a great business decision but seems like a choice you’ve made intentionally.

I’m off to another bank.

Tide.
Tide of shi*t

Bye.

Not just new customers…,
I was forced to do an update on my IPhone and after the updated completed the App wouldn’t open…
So because I was unable to open the App I was also unable to get in contact with support as it’s only available through the App…
I had to delete the App from my phone and do a clean install from the App Store which then meant I had to go through the whole verification process again…
It’s ridiculous…

It’s funny, in the time between me posting this thread to you replying I’ve opened an account with another online bank.

If this is the way Tide want to do business, I’m not interested.

I’ve been seeing posts as late back as 2018 - they’ve known about this problem for at least 2 years and it’s still a problem.

Utter laziness.

Ok nice what was the Bank that you’ve signed with?

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had such a poor experience with us @Mackie4298

If you need any kind of assistance, please feel free to contact us through hello@tide.co, the team will get back to you there as soon as they possibly can.

Regards,
Obi