Tide have taken my money and won't respond to communication

Really really disappointed in the fact that Tide do not operate a customer service hotline, even when other apps like Monzo and Starling do. I understand that Covid19 has lay pause to a lot of trading, however there is no excuse when other ‘online’ banks are still able to at least have one telephone line open.

I was paid into my business account yesterday, with the green (+) sign and the amount showing that everything was confirmed.

However, the funds are not reflecting in my balance. It’s not a pending amount either. My balance is still the same amount it was last week and I haven’t debited from that account.

Over £2k of funds have mysteriously disappeared (or have been taken by Tide), and after sending two emails to get someone to call me back, and several messages on the app, I am STILL waiting for an explanation as to where my money has gone? I’ve been waiting since yesterday, but to no avail.

I don’t recommend signing up a business account (where large amounts of money will often be transferred) to a bank where you can’t even talk to a human being. I’m currently trying to see how I can close my account after this is resolved and move my funds to another bank.

Disappointing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Stephanie.

While we have a lot of requests coming in recently and are having some delays in responding to every message, we do want to clarify the situation.

Yesterday, we experienced an issue with a few transfers, which would make them currently appear as two transactions in the Tide app - an inbound transfer and an immediate transfer out. This is due to the initial payment having been reversed to the sender. I’ll do my best to address your messages in the app as well, but I want to assuage any concerns that your funds are not missing, they’ve simply been returned.

Obi

I have found all my dealings with this bank to be at best frustratingly disappointing at worst downright scary. The lack of communication and the glitches on the app make me feel profoundly unsafe.

Hi @Bathsheba,

We are sorry to hear you felt this way. We would like to get to the bottom of this and assist you, so your company name will be much of a help!

I have been chasing tide for last one week. They have paused my account and hold my money and dont even bother to reply. Thats totally unfair to me. Kindly help me on this

Hello @Sohaib,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sorry for the inconvenience experienced.

We have flagged the case with our dedicated team and they will prioritize it.
Shortly, you will be contacted via the thread within the in-app chat.

Let us know if you should require any further assistance in the meantime.

Regards,
Borislav

Why has my case been ignored when i am having the exact same issue? I submitted my post before this post yet i had no response. I have also submitted multiple support requests and emails with no responses

Hello @alexthorn95,

We have stressed the urgency to our relevant team regarding your case and they have already contacted you via the in-app chat.

Let us know if anything else comes up and sorry for the inconvenience experienced.

Regards,
Borislav

Hi! Tide has decided to close my account and asked me to provide them with my nominated account details so they cant trasnfed my fund and close my account. I have given them my account details and my bank statement to prove that account is mine. Its been a week now they still not transfer my find yet. Emily is dealing with my case. She kept saying we will do it but we cant tell you the time frame. Thats totally unfair to me. I cant do anything witbout my fund. Kindlt transfer my fund as soon as possible. My sort code number is 040506 account number is 14598830. Kindly help me.

Hello @Sohaib,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have located the case and stressed the urgency to our relevant team. They will be in touch with you as soon as possible via the open thread you have together.

Let us know if you have any further questions or require any assistance.

Regards,
Borislav

Hi. You have raised my case to relevan team as an urgency but it doesnt seem like that wat. I got the reply from Ryan. Which i have added. Please transfer my fund as soon as possible. Its been more than 3 weeks now. Once you already decided to close my account and trasfer my fund back to my account then it should be done immediately. I dont understand why are you taking so long to trasfer the fund. Its totalt unfair to me. Please do it as soon as possible.

Hi Sohaib,

We are working as quickly as possible to get these funds returned to yourself, however this can take several working days. As soon as we have a further update, we will be in touch immediately, however until then, I’m afraid we will not have any further information to provide.

Kind Regards,
Ryan

Of course, Sohaib.

As soon as there’s been any kind update, the team will reach out to you right away.

Regards,
Obi