Tide Card not authorised

My Tide card was not authorised for a payment on Friday. I have plenty of funds available.

I reached out to Tide help and was advised that there was a security issue with this merchant - A local Mercedes garage. Luckily I was able to use another card to avoid any embarrassment.

Tide have just informed me -

"There is a limited amount of merchants that we don’t allow transactions to, as well as others who don’t accept pre-paid debit cards such as the Tide MasterCard but some are subject to change

How the are we supposed to know that?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I think there are a few places this happens. Unfortunately with it being a top up/prepaid account some merchants won’t authorise. Im sure I’ve seen a list somewhere where people have had issues in the past. I could never use mine at pay at the pump.

Hi there @DaveBristol

Thank you for reaching out about this - the information you’ve received from the team is correct. It’s something that we do hope to change in the long term, but for now the cards we issue are prepaid cards, and this does mean that some merchants won’t accept them.

If you have any questions or need any kind of assistance, don’t hesitate to let me know here!

Regards,
Obi