Three, two, one... Xero! It’s here! The integration you’ve been waiting for

xero

:warning: UPDATE - check out our brand new Xero integration here: tide.co/blog/xero-integration

We’ve created a slick and hassle-free way for you to manage your accounting through our integration with Xero by eliminating some of the manual work that you don’t enjoy doing! From today, iOS members can have their transactions synced and reconciled directly with Xero.

When we announced this partnership back in March, we said we’d be working hard to create the best user experience - not only for Tide’s members, but also for Xero’s. Thanks to your feedback, we’re building one of the UK’s leading fintech partnerships.

How does it work?

In order to access this integration, follow these steps:

• Tap the Accountancy software section
  • Select Integrate with Xero

You’ll be asked to enter your Xero credentials into a secure log-in screen. This gives Tide permission to share your transaction data with your Xero account.

Why Xero?

Over 50% of UK accountants use Xero to manage their clients’ finances. User feedback showed that it was by far the most popular accounting software, making it a natural place to start our mission to integrate with the best in the business.

Soon, following feedback from our members, we’ll be extending our software integrations to include FreeAgent, Quickbooks and Sage. Like we did for Xero, we want to deliver the same promise to you and your accountants.

Vote for your preferred software here. Or if you’re keen to play a vital role in shaping future integrations, you can join Tide Preview - our beta testing programme.

Android users - you’re next in line! Like iOS, we’ll be launching this integration in Preview before general release. You can register your interest by signing up here. Our team will then be in touch with you shortly.

New feature alert: use Xero with Tide
Accounting Software

Awsome news!

i followed the instructions but there is no tab marked Accountancy

Hi Ian,

Have you looked for the accountancy software section in the More tab?
If you still can’t see the section, could you please check if you are using the latest version of the Tide app? If not, you can downloaded it from the App Store. (Please note that you do not need to delete your current version of the app).

If you are still experiencing trouble, please reach out to our Help team via the in-app chat so they can have a further look into this for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I’d be happy to help.

Valentine

ETA for Android?

Hi @TomH,

Although we don’t have yet announced a timetable to introduce this feature on Android, rest assured that our team is working on it! We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and support :slight_smile:

Can the integration be set up online as I would love to use Xero!!??

I don’t see where this might be achieved online (via Tide on the Web)

Hi @davids,

We do have plans to introduce our Xero integration on Tide on the Web. Watch this space :slight_smile:

Your integration sucks I am afraid. It should feed into the Bank Statement not post directly to the ledger and mark as reconciled. For instance, what if you have paid a purchase invoice that is already entered into Xero? Your integration only works for businesses that use cash accounting

Hi Bea,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Currently, Xero’s API doesn’t allow us to integrate into their bank feed which means that we unfortunately can’t do that. However, we’re talking to them about this and we’ll update the community as soon as they introduce their new API.

In regards to invoices, the Tide/Xero integration currently doesn’t allow us to match Tide transactions to invoices raised in Xero (and therefore we can’t mark those invoices as paid). This means that if you manually mark an invoice as paid in Xero, and Tide syncs the transaction, you will have a duplicate transaction in Xero. For the time being, we would suggest manually deleting the synced Tide transaction from Xero. This can be done by selecting the relevant transaction in the “Account transactions” tab and then clicking “Remove and redo”.

We appreciate this isn’t an ideal solution and will be working hard to correct this once we integrate into Xero’s new bank feed API.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we’d be happy to help!

Hi all,

I’m very happy to let you know that our new Bank Feed integration with Xero is here :slight_smile:

You can learn more about the integration and how to set it up here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Valentine

I’ve been using it for 2 weeks and am so happy with it! Thank you for the hard work that’s gone into making it right.

I have just opened my Tide account and we use Xero but looking at the website it still says IOS feed only?

Can someone confirm whether Tide has full integration with Xero when using the desktop version?

Sorry for the confusion @lansdownlegend,

Previously we’d offered Xero integration for iOS only, not any more though! Happy to confirm it’s now available for all members via Tide on the web :slight_smile:

You can find everything you need to know about how to link your account here