SMS Confirmation code takes a long time

Multiple times i have tried adding a payee and the confirmation code via sms takes upwards of 30 minutes.
Sometimes its instant, but I have been embarrassed making clients wait for their payment due to this issue.
Its happened multiple times now and I’ve been customer for less than a month.

It is putting me off using the app and going back to normal bank and the card reader method.

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about this and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

There are some instances where due to weak signal, our members receive confirmation text messages with a delay, however, in cases where we have a maintenance event or a short outage, confirmation codes will be send in a batch at once with a small delay. We are, of course, doing our best to reduce such events to a minimum to ensure a seamless journey for our members.

If you ever encounter any issues or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at hello@tide.co or via the in-app chat - we’re always here for our members!

Thanks once again for drawing this to our attention and we wish you all the best ahead.

Kind regards,

David

I seem to be getting all my other messages fine, so it’s not signal issue.

And in one month it has happened 3 times where i have had to wait 20 minutes for an SMS.
Problem is by the time i get the message I am logged out of the app or the message code doesn’t work anymore and i have to resubmit and wait again.

Pretty embarrassing and unprofessional when i have a client waiting on the phone to get paid.

I have submitted this issue within the app and they state they are investigating. So we’ll see.

But its not a signal issue.