Second Case of Fraud / Unauthorized Transactions

Hello there, my Tide card / account has been subject to fraud for the second time, the previous time being about 18 months ago. This time though it’s not airline tickets that have been bought, it’s weird small transactions, the largest being £66 in a TX Max / west London and 2 x .39p pizza express online ones, which were the first and probably some sort of test. Luckily I am just about to get paid so the account was low on funds.

Yes obviously I have frozen the card and reported all the transactions. Why has this now happened twice with Tide and not once - ever - with my 4 x other cards / accounts?

Hi @fencemaster,

We apologise for the delay in response to this channel. We are actively upscaling our number of Member Support Agents to meet increasing demand from our member base, so we’re confident that we can offer you a great standard of service moving forward and all queries will be attended to as soon as possible.

We’re really sorry that you’ve been a victim of card fraud. We have sophisticated systems in place to detect suspicious activity on our members’ cards, unfortunately, it’s impossible to get fraud detection 100% accurate all the time though. Please rest assured you’re protected against fraudulent transactions made on your Tide MasterCard.

If you ever spot unauthorised/unrecognised transactions, please make sure to cancel the card straight through the app or reach out to us at hello@tide.co or via the in-app chat for more information. This is important to protect the security of your account, and to prevent any further fraudulent activity.

Above all, our priority is to keep our members and their money safe and to ensure that Tide accounts are not being used for illicit activity. We don’t do this just because of our regulatory obligations, we feel a moral duty to fight financial crime and think that financial institutions and fintech companies have an opportunity to make a much wider societal impact. You can read more about our efforts here: https://www.tide.co/blog/keep-your-business-safe/how-tide-works-with-other-fintechs-to-keep-you-safe/.

We can assure you that situations, where fraud occurs, are always treated with the utmost urgency. If you’ve encountered a fraudulent payment, it’s, once again, very important to contact us so our escalations team can assist you as quickly as possible and provide you with the best outcome.

Should you have any further feedback or questions regarding your account, please don’t hesitate to contact our team at hello@tide.co or through the in-app chat - assistance is just a message away!

We wish you and your business every success ahead.

Kindest regards,

David