Removing an attached transaction file

Hi,

I attached an incorrect file(receipt) to a transaction by mistake and cannot see a way of deleting it.

Any advice?

Hi Brad,

This feature is on the roadmap but I’m afraid it won’t be released this quarter. In the meantime, please reach out via the in-app chat or email hello@tide.co, we’d love to help you get this resolved.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help!

Thanks Valentine

+1 for this feature please :slight_smile:

I’ve done this too and I would love to know how to remove them!

Hi Trisha,

It is still the case that you are unable to remove attachments. However, we do hope to offer this option soon. I often attach the wrong files to things too, so totally understand your need for this :slight_smile:

Any news on this feature? having more management around attachments would be a great set of features to add.

Not at this stage @oldrichie, however we’ll be sure to update this thread when that changes :slight_smile:

Hi, over a year since you indicated attachment management was on the road map; it is a really crucial facility to have. What’s the latest?

Hi @three_elements,

I’m afraid I don’t have an update on this feature at this stage.

Is there anything you wanted to suggest in particular regarding attachment management?

Valentine

Attaching pdf’s of invoices/receipts against particular transactions is a very useful facility and common to most accounting apps; but if you make a mistake or need to amend the attachment it’s essential to be able to delete/rename/replace attachments. Also at present Tide renames all attachments and gives them the same name which makes the feature almost useless. Hope you get it fixed soon.

+1.

This feature is useless without the abilities of delete/update the attachment.

@three_elements @Perxo we are in the process of building out our expensing feature, the first thing we are building (which is currently in process) is the ability to delete and export attachments, and edit and delete comments. As part of this we will assign a meaningful name to each attachment which can be used to map it back to its’ relevant transaction in the csv. We expect this functionality to be delivered by end of September. Stay tuned we will keep you updated via email closer to release.