Question on API capabilities and suitability for small business

Hi there!

I’m in the process of registering a small spin-off company oriented around blockchain tech and crypto investments with some of my current colleagues, and so we’ve been shopping for a suitable business bank account.

My first question is: is Tide friendly towards businesses which accept payments for cryptocurrency (while taking fraud prevention measures very seriously)?

If so, we’d really appreciate if you could give us a little extra information on your API to help us decide whether to bank with Tide. I’ve had a look at the documentation (at https://tideapi.github.io/docs/#oauth-2) which looks quite promising, but at the moment it’s quite light on detail.

It’s important for our business to be able to receive payments from accounts across the UK and verify them automatically. In order to do this, we need to be able to verify specific reference numbers, quantities of money received, and the name of the owner of the sending account (this capability is particularly important as a fraud prevention measure).

Is all of this information (particularly counterparty names) available through the API?

Finally, Is it possible therein to automate the reversal of a transaction which fails to meet these criteria, such that if a payment is received with an incorrect reference number or a payment arrives from an account whose owner’s name does not match the registered customer, we can instantly refund it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Tide and for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we’re unable to offer Tide accounts to businesses which deal in cryptocurrencies (see here for more on who we can and can’t offer accounts to).

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience - all the best with your new venture!