Payment Issues Merchant Security

payments

Hello,

I run a live streaming service that allows people to go live to places like Facebook and LinkedIn. Some of our users pay for the product using Tide. Today I have had reports of people saying they are no longer able to pay with Tide and one of them forwarded me this message from a service rep: “Tide as a company has decided to block transactions to this company for security reasons”. Our payment provider is Stripe – is Tide blocking payments to anyone using Stripe or is it just our particular company? Is there someone I can reach out to regarding this as we would obviously like to accommodate our customers who use Tide.

Hi Geige,

Thanks for taking the time to draw this to our attention.

I’d highly recommend that you contact your clients and ask them to reach out to us so they can acquire more information regarding the payment failures. We, of course, have many of our members who use Stripe to make/receive payments.

More details about our security can be found here: https://www.tide.co/safety-security/.

We understand your concern and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,

David

Hi @Geigev and @David_at_Tide

Great to see you here, Geige. I am a massive fan of your live streaming tool as you know. But sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve had here.

@David_at_Tide I’ve had a similar issue with automatic card payments in the past few days. They were in USD and for two services I use regularly. I’ve had no issues until recently. I think in both cases, these companies use Stripe for their payment system. Both payments failed due to “security issues”. I was in touch with support. But the reply was very vague. I do understand that you can’t divulge very much when it comes to security issues, but this is very frustrating to me and it will be to other Tide customers. And it’s very frustrating to companies such as the one Geige runs because their customers that use Tide can’t pay them.

I’ve had to switch over some of my USD payments to TransferWise for the time being. I’d appreciate you looking into this further and having a bit more transparency on this issue. I’ve been a loyal Tide customer for years. I’d hate to have to switch completely, but I might need to if I can’t use my Tide account for my regular payments in USD.

Hi @iagdotme,

Thanks so much for getting in touch and drawing this to my attention.

While I completely understand that this may cause some inconvenience to you and again, I do apologise for the situation but, as you’ve mentioned, it’s due to security reasons which are in place to ensure the safety of our members.

Of course, what I can tell you with certainty is that we have already raised this to the relevant team and it’s being worked on. I will highlight your case particularly and make sure to update you as soon as we have any movement on this matter - this too has been requested.

I’m once again sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and moving forward, I hope that similar cases will be resolved. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback - it’s greatly appreciated and I hope you find this helpful.

Should you have any further feedback or questions regarding your account, please don’t hesitate to contact our team at hello@tide.co or through the in-app chat - assistance is just a message away!