Welcome to the community
IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!
Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.
5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more
Looks like a few people are having the same issue.
My post from another thread…
Having same problem scanning passport on IOS. Rebooted the phone, added lighting tried a different object to see if it was a focus issue but nothing works. I even have the phone in a tripod to ensure the image is still. Nothing works! There is no photo/scan button so I assume it works automatically?
Hi there, thanks again for bringing this up!
This is something we’re working on resolving soon, so hopefully this won’t be an issue going forward. IF you’re still having trouble, I would recommend trying to scan a driving licence in stead.
If you need any further assistance, just get back to me here and I’ll do what I can to assist!
Hi there @deeA
Can you let me know the company or trading name for your business so I can have a look into this for you? We don’t copy the details from your driving licence, as there’s less room for error if you type out the address during the application directly.
I’ve sent you a direct message @jojorocky, I hope that helps!
Meanwhile, if you’re still having difficulties with the scan, please ensure the following:
- not obscure any part of the photo page of the passport especially any machine-readable text
- in a well-lit room, this needs to be bright but not to the extent that there is glare reflecting from your document
- holding your device carefully so that the app can capture a clear, stable image.
- holding the device in such a way that ensures the corners of the document are within the capture region of the screen within your app
Additionally, you can try:
- to capture this using your front-facing camera if you are having ongoing difficulties
- to attempt submission of an alternative form of ID
I hope this helps!