Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Thank you for letting me know, @James4

I’ve had a look into your messages with us and chased this up with the responsible team.

Checks on outbound payments are a required process for us - it’s part of how we keep our members’ accounts safe and secure, but we don’t want them to be disruptive.

The team will be in touch with you shortly.

Regards,
Obi

That doesn’t help me when I have driven 2 hours to pick up a part for a truck that I can’t pay for
I am stuck in the cold waiting to pay

Will tide cover my waiting time and hotel until they resolve the issue ?

I will be closing the account after this fiasco

I think others will be doing the same also by reading the many many threads on here

I apologise for the inconvenience @James4

We’ll take care of this for you as soon as we possibly can.

And of course, if you incur any damages because of us, we want to make up for them to you as well. I believe the team have been int ouch with you now, so please refer to their messages and provide them with any details they’ve requested, that will help them complete their checks most quickly.

Regards,
Obi

The team haven’t been in contact still

Only a message from the complaints team giving me a complaint number only

In all fairness tide have resolved my issue fully
So let’s hope things continue

Thanks to all involved

Glad to hear it @James4

Don’t hesitate to get back to me if you need anything further, I’d be happy to help.

Regards,
Obi

11 days later

Hi I have the same issue with an outbound faster payment and urgently require assistance. Can someone please contact me?

Thanks for letting us know about this here @gphinn

I’ve just reached out to the team to have a look into this for you as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your patience!

Regards,
Obi

Situation resolved quickly after the account review team completed their work, thanks!!

Hi, my payment is blocked with a reason of security checks.
Mine is business transaction and my solicitors are waiting for getting this through.
Its really embarrassing for me in front of others.
I have been in touch in in-app and I will get response in every 6 hours which is not helping me.
I need this to be addressed asap.
My business transaction will fail without this.
Please help me.

Thank you for reaching out about this @venkat.puppala

I’ve just looked into this with the team - as soon as their review of the transaction is complete they’ll be in touch. I’ve made sure to stress the urgency and I expect that you won’t have to wait much longer.

Regards,
Obi

Thanks @Obi_at_Tide, may I know what is SLA to handle these kind of tickets?
Yesterday I was asked to send additional documents for security checks which I did and its been more than 12 hours I didnt receive any response.
I think we are missing something here, I work in banking industry and any queries in payments cannot have SLA of more than few hours. In this case it took almost 2 days which is not acceptable.

You should have a separate team who handle payments only as you will never know what situation customer is in with regards to these blocked payments.
Hope you understand this and take proper action in future.

Thank you for following up on this @venkat.puppala

Typically we try to have these checks sorted within 24 hours at most. Right now we’re seeing high volumes across many of our teams, but they’re giving their all to address everything as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your patience, we do hope to expand our capacity in this regard as well so we can avoid any delays.

Regards,
Obi

1 month later

I’ve just encountered the same problem. I need to make a payment by EOP today and there’s still no help from anyone. I’ve been a customer with Tide since the beginning. Can someone help me please?

Hello @CharlieS,

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry for the delay in our response.

We can see that our dedicated team contacted you regarding the matter on Wednesday and we believe that everything has been resolved.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Borislav

Yep - found this page via Google, same problem here. Property purchase now stalled because I can’t move my own money to where it needs to be. Potentially very large costs if not resolved in the next 3 hours, I look forward to being reimbursed by Tide for these as has been suggested above.

Still a long, long way to go until Tide offers service comparable to a proper bank.

Hello @peterjs

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please provide us with your company name so we can look into this?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Borislav