New feature alert: use Xero with Tide

Hi guys, any idea on timescales here?

It would be great to see some transparency about your road map with estimated milestones. I appreciate it’s difficult to forecast, and sometimes product development can be fluid but it would be great to see the direction.

I for one, can’t wait to use the service but until some discussed features are implemented (Xero, IBAN) are implemented it’s a none-starter. Having an approximate road map would enable me to understand if I can use an interim bank, or if I need to look elsewhere for a permanent solution.

Hi James,

Thanks for posting! We know these features are a priority for our members and our Product Development team is working hard to introduce them.

Regarding our integration with Xero, we are doing some final testing and will start to send out invitations to join Tide Preview in the next few weeks. You can find more information about Tide Preview, our beta testing programme for Founder Members here.

International payments are our top feature. You can find more information about our plans for IBAN in another community post commented by Tide’s Founder, George Bevis here.

As George explained, we don’t publish a timetable because we know that our members are businesses who need certainty and we don’t want to commit to dates on which we might later backtrack.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I’d be happy to help. Thanks again for your support and patience James!

Valentine

Hi @Valentine_at_Tide, thanks for your reply.

I’ve already seen those posts, but thank you for pointing them out. I, like I’m sure many others, can’t wait to get our hands on the new features as they are available.

I’ll tell you one thing though - you’re dead wrong about this bit - ‘we know that our members are businesses who need certainty and we don’t want to commit to dates on which we might later backtrack’. It’s 2017 and the world is a different place, moves quicker and reacts quicker, itterates smaller rather than big bang delivery and people understand that. I for one would like to see an ever changing list of what, as of now (now being a moving target) is expected to be developed (the road map) with a best effort guess of dates (dates being years, quarters, months, whatever is best guess) and as long as the context of the message is set correctly, people will be able to make decisions based on it.

Anyway, appreciate the response and keep up the good work!

James.

Product Roadmap

Why aren’t you pursuing broader API integration and simply putting eggs in one or two baskets?

Do you consider that questions of security have a major influence in that respect?

Just enquiring as an independent developer.

Hi everyone, we have just published a post about the phase 2 of our Xero integration. If you are on iOS and would like to test the integration on Tide Preview, get in touch via the in-app chat and we will add you to the waiting list.

Xero is great and everything but are there any plans to incorporate Freeagent anytime soon?

Hi @mat_walker, we do have plans to integrate with other major accountancy software, such as Freeagent, following Xero. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an exact timeline but we promise to keep you informed once we learn more.

This is great. I’m currently trialling Xero but saw little benefit without the sync function. This might just have saved Xero from being deleted!

Hi Darren,

Our integration with Xero is now live! iOS members can have their transactions synced and reconciled directly with Xero. You can learn more here.

Another vote for Wave please. Soon to be ex-Xero user here looking to switch to something less heavy and less expensive…

Hey there!

I was wondering if there was any ETA or rough timescales on when the implementation with Xero Bank Statement API is likely to be completed? I’d love to use our Tide account, but the current implementation with Xero, using automatically-reconciled Account Transactions is unusable as we’re finding it creates duplicate transactions, and trying to reconcile invoices paid out of our Xero account is impossible if there’s a currency difference.

We’re a development company, and are considering writing our own Bank Statement importer between the Tide API and Xero’s API to fill the gap whilst we wait, but if it’s a month or so away, there won’t be any point in that.

Cheers,

Ryan

I have a new Tide account. I have a Xero account.

I don’t currently use the Tide account as I need a fully working Xero bank feed for it to make it worthwhile.

Any eta please? I also don’t use iOS so need it available on either Android or Web.

Hi @MarkB, thanks for reaching out. A Xero integration on Android is several months away, i’m afraid.

We’re still waiting for Xero to release their bankfeed API, adding delays to the Xero integration on Android.

Hope you find this information useful :slight_smile:

Hi Mat!

We’ve just released our integration with FreeAgent.

You can find out more here. You can also find a list of FAQs about this here.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’d be happy to help :slight_smile:

I got added to the beta test for Freeagent a few weeks ago and its awesome. Way better than when I had Lloyds setup as a bank feed. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I’m very happy to let you know that our new Bank Feed integration with Xero is here :slight_smile:

You can learn more about the integration and how to join the beta testing waitlist here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Valentine

unlisted #38