My Patience With Tide Has Just Gone!

Enough is enough - I’m fed up with the delays … I finally find a lender who is prepared to process a BBL for me only to get declined at the stage where they check if I have an application with another lender … yes on the central banking system I am down as applying with Tide, even though I was only on a list.

So I followed the instructions which Obi provided i.e. when this happens contact the in-App support team and they will supply me with the relevant document to confirm I have no application in-flight for the BBL with Tide.

This was the response I received from Tide’s support team:

Hello Paul,

My name is Andrei and I will assist you.

We paused lending on 7 July so at the moment, regardless of your position on the waiting list, we’re not lending to anyone. To enable our Member Support agents to help more people with their day-to-day banking, we decided that we won’t be answering queries about where you are in our Bounce Back Loan waiting list.
If you’re already registered on our waiting list:

you remain on our waiting list
If you’ve secured a loan with another lender, there’s no need to contact us to be removed from the list.

you may apply or join a waiting list with another lender.
This is because ‘registering interest’ is not the same as ‘applied for’. (Under the Bounce Back Loan Scheme rules, you can’t ‘apply for’ a loan with more than one lender.)

If and when the Government grants direct access to funding for lenders, we’re ready to lend at scale. We’ll be able to re-open our waiting list and launch our waiting list tracker, so you can find out your eligibility and position. If and when this happens, we’ll update everyone on our waiting list by email.

Until now - I have been a very supportive advocate of Tide, and tried my level best to be sympathetic to their quest in trying to obtain funding for a BBL.

Well - you are now holding up my application and I see no urgency from Tide, to supply me with the confirmation email I so desperately need.

So if I receive the confirmation email this afternoon and I send this across to the lender, this is another day I have missed and another restless evening - worrying about the future of my family and business.

Obi - I thought you said these kinds of matters will be treated with urgency from your side? I see no urgency whatsoever - so much so I’ve had to chase you this morning about this … you should be over this like a rash and doing everything possible to get me the information I need.

I’ve not even had a response from Andrei in the support team after he/she sent me the garbage cut and paste response.

So very disgusted with Tide at the moment and the lack of response to urgent BBL matters.

to remind you Obi & Ali said about the assistance we would receive:

Ali-c: We’ve spoken with the BBB and the status of any Tide ‘waitlisted’; or eligible member who did not activate their BBL is now showing as ‘not progressing’; (as of Monday 13th July) which should make clear to other lenders that such members will not receive a Tide BBL loan as part of this cycle. If a prospective lender needs further confirmation that you have not received a BBL loan from Tide, please reach out in app and we’ll gladly provide this.

Obi:
Part of these checks do require that we share data in order to reduce the risk that a single business or individual trader will be able to apply and receive multiple BBLs. Even so, we are aware that some of our members have met with resistance due to simply having expressed their interest, which is not our intent and we will be assisting you all in providing confirmation.

Where’s the assistance you assured us of?

Thank you for sharing this @pappadontpreach

I’m sorry to see that the response you’ve received from my colleagues has been a disappointing one. We will obviously address this and I’ll make sure that the team offer you and any other members that need our confirmation in this kind of situation their due care and attention.

Thank you for being patient with us thus far.

Regards,
Obi

Patient? I sent you and the support team a request to provide confirmation that I have not received a BBL from Tide, over 3hrs ago. That’s nearly half a office worker - working day.

I’ve been patient for far too long - since the start of the BBL shambles … you (Tide) should have already prepared a simple template to provide customers who are seeking confirmation they have not received a BBL. It shouldn’t take over 1/2 a working day to provide. Please don’t tell me you’re using your waiting list app to locate my position in the queue - or I might as well close up shop now.

How can I be patient about the simplest of requests?

I do appreciate that our responses have not been as quick as we normally aim for.

We will do what we can to give you definitive confirmation regarding your status on our waiting list, and that we have not extended a BBL to you, and as soon as we possibly can.

Regards,
Obi

for the love of God - I give up … utterly pointless

so all the nonsense about “we’ll gladly provide this” … “we’ll treat this as a priority” was just a load of white space filler

I hear you, @pappadontpreach

I won’t be able to provide this for you here, but it is absolutely our intention not to have any registration on the waiting list intervene in any member’s application elsewhere.

I’ll do what I can to speed the process up as much as I’m able.

Regards,
Obi

With respect Obi

you shouldn’t need to speed up the process - it should be a priority, which is what you’ve led us customers to believe it would be, should we need this information.

so I might get this today (not sure) , might get this tomorrow (maybe), might get this by the weekend (we really hope so) … don’t tide realise the impact this is having on the stress of their customers.

I’ve waited patiently since the 16th of May for BBL from Tide - only to find out it wouldn’t be possibly … did i kick up a fuss … no, sh*t happens.

I went through the timely process of creating a business account elsewhere - BBL starts to be processed and low and behold guess who’s waiting around the corner to p*ss on my fire … you guessed it … Tide.

Never did I think your business would be my downfall

the fact is - whether you intended or didn’t intend for your waiting list to scupper applications - it has and you’ve known about it for a couple of weeks and therefore you should’ve prepared to deal with these requests from customers in lightening quick fashion.

a simple select query from your db to get the customer details … confirm no money has been paid out as part of the BBL - cut and paste (which tide are very good at) the customer details in to the template - attach to an email - send - job done… not rocket science.

you have no idea just how wound up i am at the moment - i was in touching distance of securing a loan and being able to think my business has a future - now i have to wait for your company to get it’s arse in gear and supply the information, whenever that will be, send it to me and then await the decision from the lender - all of which i would have known today had you had your house in order.

to add … I’m not looking for you to supply the information here … i want whatever team who handles this to send me in a email on Tide letter headed PDF or any other format

Thanks Tide - it’s good to know you care about your customer’s securing funding outside your organisation. It’s good to know that a 30 minute job was too much to ask and really you don’t give a flying shit about your customer’s businesses going to the wall. Thanks for putting me through another night of uncertainty. I hope you sleep well at night knowing it would have taken little effort to extract my business details from your list and put those details in a mail to me. Sweet dreams and thanks for nothing.

I feel your pain pappadontpreach. Having registered on 11th May for the mystical waitlist and been subsequently let down i am now awaiting feeder account with HSBC. Worried about credit checks but will cross that bridge when i come to it.
I have had to take a 5 grand loan today at extortionate rate in the hope my bounce back comes through and i can pay it back with no fees.
I hope Tide do arrange your email because if HSBC decline mine for same reason it is like a double whammy from them.
Chin up mate

Cheers John

sorry to hear you’re going through the mill too and having to take out additional debt.

To preempt any issues with HSBC should they question your application … I would request Tide to provide you the same information I’m after … apparently, as per the mail I received today - they can provide this info (not very quickly i may add) and you’re not taken off the list … this is what their support team replied to me with:

If you’re already registered on our waiting list:

you remain on our waiting list
If you’ve secured a loan with another lender, there’s no need to contact us to be removed from the list.

you may apply or join a waiting list with another lender.
This is because ‘registering interest’ is not the same as ‘applied for’. (Under the Bounce Back Loan Scheme rules, you can’t ‘apply for’ a loan with more than one lender.)

so it might be worth requesting the same info from tide so you have it at hand - should the need arise.

thanks for your support and I hope the best for you.

for your info - here’s HSBCs CEO email: Ian.Stuart@hsbc.com

it’s worth having - should you wish to contest anything with HSBC - also if they’re taking their time processing - send him a nice email and one of the exec complaints team will come back to you.

Thanks very much. Im worried about credit checks more that anything which is ridiculous considering the feeder account does not provide credit or an actual account :thinking:. I may mention this in an email to the above.
Cheers

I think it depends how bad your credit score is … i was turned down by HSBC and i have a good credit score … and yes, very strange as it’s just a feeder account … but i’ve read some people have got feeder accounts with bad credit - so i don’t think it’s all down to credit - it’s whether you’re lucky or not.

clydesdale bank were very quick at setting up a bank account - so give them a try if you haven’t already … all can be done on line too.

how does that Elton John song go … ah yes, I’M STILL WAITING AFTER ALL THIS TIME - come on Tide - sort it out … this is getting beyond a joke now. How difficult is it to pull of my details from your system and put it in an email … are you going out of your way to destroy small businesses … are you undercover government agents

I appreciate that this has taken some time @pappadontpreach

I’m doing what I can from my side and I’ll make sure that you’re provided an official letter from us that confirms that we have not extended a loan to you, and soon.

Regards,
Obi

Obi - come on, really, how hard can this be? why does it take over 24hrs and still nothing … I’ve just pinged Valentine, so I’ll ask you the same question, and please be straight with me.

Has Tide, got the capability, and know how, to get this information and provide it to customers?

I just want an honest answer.

Hey there @pappadontpreach

I saw your other thread and provided you a more detailed answer there, I’ll clarify here as well.

Whenever an official document like this is required from us, we need to cover a lot of information and still keep it concise. It does take some time for this to be completely vetted by everybody that it needs to be, before we can send it out.

Once we’re ready, we’ll absolutely provide it to you right away.

Regards,
Obi

And I quote verbatim Ali-C @ Tide:
We’ve spoken with the BBB and the status of any Tide ‘waitlisted’; or eligible member who did not activate their BBL is now showing as ‘not progressing’; (as of Monday 13th July) which should make clear to other lenders that such members will not receive a Tide BBL loan as part of this cycle. If a prospective lender needs further confirmation that you have not received a BBL loan from Tide, please reach out in app and we’ll gladly provide this.

How can you provide something that doesn’t already exist? The mind boggles