Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Dear Community

After reporting fraudulent activity on the business bank account, it is laughable that you state the follow line ‘We have sophisticated systems in place to detect suspicious activity on our members’ cards’ since at any other bank if card use of 6 transactions for £45 each in a 3 minute row from one card automatically the card would be blocked and or the merchant would be called for the card to be handed over or for the chip and pin but you did nothing and then allowed for this to happen continuously for the next 10 hours, until all the monies in the business account where taken and only stopped when the account was overdrawn, I don’t think that is a very safe or effective or robust system which is in place.

Either way this is specifically a fraudulent activity on the account which can be seen, as this is a business account and not used at fast food, londis, local supermarkets or shops alike.

So my question is now, how long before you will reverse the damage which has been caused by these actions and lack of protection on the account and refund the monies back into the bank account. As I have found this information.

This is straight from the FCA website about fraudulent transactions

What your rights when money is taken from your account without your permission.

Money can only be taken from your account if you have authorised the transaction.

If you notice a payment out of your account that you did not authorise, you should contact your bank immediately.

If you did not authorise a particular payment you can claim a refund.

In most cases the bank must refund the payment without undue delay and by the end of the business day following the day on which it became aware of the problem, unless it has reasonable grounds for suspecting that you have acted fraudulently.

Your bank may ask you to answer some questions and fill out a form confirming what has happened, but it cannot delay your refund while it waits for you to return the form.

You should be aware that deliberately making a false claim that a payment was unauthorised is fraud and your bank could report it to the police.

I also sent through the Crime Report Number regarding this incident, and answered all your questions and sent through all the transactions and times as well as where all of this happened.

• created

Aug '20
  • last reply

Sep '20

replies

views

users

Hi there @DavidKaye

Thank you for letting us know about this, I’m sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

The specifics of how we tackle unauthorised payments are somewhat outside of my expertise, but I can see that this has reached the right team who’ll be looking into the matter and doing their best to assist you and help see any unauthorized payments returned.

If you need anything, just leave a message to the team in the app as you’ve done already and they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.

Regards,
Obi

26 days later

I was defrauded out of almost my entire bank account yesterday with only £18 left in my account. I reported this to the police and froze my card - there has been NO response from Tide even after sending multiple messages. There is no number available to call and contrary to what they state on their website, they do NOT call back when you email them asking for a call back - even if it is urgent. Appalling security and customer service.

I was defrauded out of the entire contents of my bank account last week - I had only £18 ish left. I reported the issue to Tide immediately when the transactions were still pending - Tide did not cancel the transactions. They are not looking into the matter with any sense of urgency. This is experience has told me to STAY AWAY FROM TIDE. They do not have the correct protections in place and when there is only fraud on the account they are unforgivably slow to respond. I don’t feel safe banking with them any more and would caution others to stay away. The fraud on my account was last week and there have been no steps taken to refund the money. So disappointing as I a was a huge advocate of Tide.

Thank you for letting the team know about this, Natasha.

I can see that the disputes team have been in touch since and have been keeping you updated regarding the disputes that were submitted for these unauthorised transactions.

It’s incredibly unfortunate whenever situations like these affect our members and we do want to do our best to protect your account - the team will help you to the best of their ability.

Regards,
Obi