IBAN Support

@ghostcrayon, I’m afraid there are only a couple of options. The option I chose was to take the payment into my UK personal bank account and then transfer it. I really hate this, because it doesn’t get tracked by Xero, but it is what it is. I’ve used TransferWise in the past, but I couldn’t get it working with Stripe (separate issue). Can you not add a UK borderless account with TransferWise? That way it will have a UK IBAN? The other issue is, if you are a limited company is to have a registered business Tide account and join the IBAN beta.

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping I wouldn’t have to use a UK personal account as the intermediary account - I do have an unused personal bank account that has zero balance that I could use, but as you said, it makes accounting a bit awkward.
Yes, I’m a limited company and have a registered Tide business account, but although I signed up to the Beta, I haven’t heard anything from Tide since signing up. If a Tide mod is reading this, perhaps they could give me an update on the status of the beta?

Hi Mat,

Thanks for reaching out on the community!

I’ve just talked to the team in charge of this and I can confirm you should hear from them in the next few days :wink:

Thanks for your patience and please do share your feedback with us once you start using the feature.

Valentine

Thank you Valentine!

TicTail are breaking the Law. IBAN Discrimination is prohibited under EU Regulations which have been incorporated into domestic legislation by all EU member states.

Hi All,

First post!

I need to accept payment from a client based abroad. I know this feature is imminent but what is the best alternative in the meantime? Seems like a crazy amount of faff to set up a Transferwise account or Revolut account just for 1/2 payments and then transfer into Tide.

Any help most appreciated.

N

Hi, I was wondering if there’s any way to get onto the Beta programme - I’ve already applied twice and never heard back from anyone. I’d really appreciate access to the IBAN function!

I’ve just had a look @Parsz, and I can confirm your on the waitlist :+1:t4:

Currently we’re inviting members in small batches, you should hear from our team in the coming weeks.

Well this has been deeply disappointing. I went to the trouble of setting up the account, and Tide went to all the trouble of verifying me and answering my support questions, and the expense of producing and sending the debit card.

I only learned that IBAN was lacking when I tried to switch details to let my international clients know how to pay me.

I am irritated that I wasn’t informed of this at any point during the sign-up process and in fact only found out the issue when I googled it. It would have saved both parties the hassle at a much earlier stage if “by the way we don’t have IBAN” were on the business banking sign-up form.

More to the point I can not believe you went to market with such a fundamental and essential part of modern business banking missing.

Hi @CheckItOut,

Sorry that we didn’t get back to you!

I got the Member Support team to message you in the app with some exciting news about IBAN.

If you have any other questions, just message the team back they’d be happy to help

Thanks,
Felicity

Hello, can you ask the Member Support team to message me with some exciting news about IBAN?

Hi @scott.mcculloch,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

The Member Support team will be in touch shortly with some exciting news.

Thanks,
Felicity

Hi Felicity,

Clearly IBAN support is getting close, and I know it’s impossible to say for certain, but do you have a rough timeframe as to when it will be rolled out to the general populace? I ask as from the end of the month I am starting work on a large project for a European company, so will obviously need an IBAN for that.

Thanks!

Hi Felicity,
I’d also really like the Member Support team to be in touch with some exciting news on IBAN :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hi, Would I be able to get added to the wait list for IBAN? I sell on amazon so cant get my funds without one

Hi Marty,

We have reached out with some more information regarding our IBAN waitlist via the in-app chat, please check your Tide app for more information.

Regards,
Alice - Tide Member Support.

+1 for IBAN for a registered business (limited company) on Android.

Would prefer not to have to open a TransferWise borderless account to receive payments from clients.

Ta,

Jock

I am considering opening an account but need an IBAN. Can you give me an update on offering these?

Hi @Broommaker62,

Currently we’re inviting members in small batches to test our IBAN feature.

If you’d like to try out this feature, please get in touch with our Member Support team via the in-app chat once you’ve created your Tide account.

Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:
Valentine

Hi @Valentine_at_Tide ,
I created a general support request, would it be enough to get an IBAN and SWIFT?