IBAN Support

Hi Dan,

You’ll be glad to hear that we’ve begun testing IBAN/international payments. If you’d like to register your interest for Tide Preview, our beta testing programme, and test features before their general release, you can do so here. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you! I have done so :slight_smile:

Are you testing SWIFT or SEPA? or both? and if SEPA is it SCT or SCTinst?

Hi @MIROW, we’re testing SWIFT and SCT for now

Any updates on this front? A business account isn’t much if IBAN is not supported.

Any official update ? I am also looking to open a business account, and as much my trade is done overseas, having a IBAN is very important.

Starling Bank seem to realise the importance of IBAN and launched their new Business Account with IBAN from Day 1!

Do you therefore have any update of when IBAN are likely to come on Tide? If no rough date then I assume they are still some way off?

@Mirow thanks for the heads up. Just registered with Starling, let’s see what they have to offer.

Hi @rashthedude, @DavidBN, and @MIROW,

Thanks for reaching out.

Rest assured we’re aware of how important this feature is to you and your business. As you know, it’s a major feature that takes time to develop well and we want to get it right for you all :slightly_smiling_face:

As my colleague Deane said above, we’re testing it now. And while we can’t confirm an exact date just yet, it is coming soon. Stay tuned!

I appreciate the update, even though it’s not a set date yet. Unfortunately coming soon doesn’t really help me. I’ve even signed up (I think) to the beta to test SEPA transactions, but haven’t gotten anything back. I only recently made my tide account, I don’t know if that plays a role.

Is there any other places I can try to get into the beta? I really need to start invoicing in Euro’s already

I have to agree with the above. I similarly have signed up for the beta testing, over a week ago, with absolutely no follow up from Tide. With no IBAN support (and no real horizon for when to expect it), inbound and out bound payments that can take upwards of an hour to arrive, patchy SMS verification… the service is currently not living up to the promise of open, digital banking.

It feels like a reduction in fees for a reduction in reliable service. I guess you get what you pay for. I would love to see Tide live up to its promise.

Hi @sergeiliski and @ilapoin,

Members on iOS with a Registered Business account should hear from us soon with Android members to follow shortly after.

We also have plans to introduce international payments for Sole Trader accounts but have not yet announced a timetable for doing so. We’ll be sure to update the community and this thread as soon as we have a timeline.

Thanks again for your support and patience.

Let me know if you’ve any other questions,

Valentine

Hi, could you please clarify if today a company from the US would not be able to pay me in my Tide account as the only information available for them to pay is a UK sort code and account number? This is basically defeating the purpose for which I opened Tide in the first place…

Hi @Valentine_at_Tide,
Thanks for clarifying here.

I’m quite sad that you’re delaying IBAN support for sole trader accounts. I could so do with this right now. I work mainly with customers in the US and EU and it’s getting quite a pain to have to take payments into my personal bank account. Is there a beta group I can join to get early access?

@Valentine_at_Tide How soon is soon? (Just to get a time frame)

I am on iOS and have a registered business account. I am on Tide Preview list and so far I have not received any notification

Hi @iagdotme,
Thanks for reaching out.

I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed, I completely understand that this feature is important for your business.
I am afraid we do not have an eta at this stage but you can definitely join Tide Preview by filling out this form here.

Let me know if you’ve any other questions :slight_smile:

Hi @alelong,

That’s correct, I’m afraid our international payments feature is not available just yet.
This feature will be available to Members on iOS with a Registered Business first with Android members to follow shortly after.

We also have plans to introduce international payments for Sole Trader accounts but have not yet announced a timetable for doing so.

Let me know if you’ve any other questions, I’d be happy to help.

Valentine

Hi @pavan,

It shouldn’t be too long now! Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Do we know when we will have IBAN numbers? Rough timelines?

Hi Ricardo,

We’re in the process of testing this feature. If you’d like to join Tide Preview, our beta testing programme, and test features before their general release, you can do so here .

Members on iOS with a Registered Business account should hear from us soon with Android members to follow shortly after.

Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Valentine