Future payments

Is it possible to set up a payment to go out on a particular date?

Given there is no standing order function, this might be a useful way to make regular payments on a particular date e.g. salary payments on the 28th of the month.

Hi @djqb, currently there is no method to schedule payments. Standing Orders are, however, a feature we are aiming to introduce in the future. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Future or scheduled payments is a feature that I need. Having to make payments only on the day is frankly a pain and can lead to payments not being made at all if for example the phone is not available or the user is unwell etc. Please push this request and standing orders up the development priority list. Thank you

Thank you for your valuable feedback Lester. Please rest assured that we are working to introduce these features although we have not yet announced a timetable for doing so. Watch this space!

Hi there,

Just wondering if there’s an update on this? I’m new to Tide and had taken for granted that standing orders (I gather this is coming) and the ability to set a date for a future payment would be included.

Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Tide!

We’re currently developing Standing Orders. If you’d like to test the feature before its general release, you can join Tide Preview, our beta testing programme by filling out a quick form here.

If you’d like to see and test the feature you can also join our next user feedback and testing session taking place at our HQ next Wednesday. You can find more info about this here.

Let me know if you’ve any other questions, I’d be happy to help.
Valentine

Hi @djqb, @lestersk and @sarah,

I’m very happy to let you know that Scheduled Payments aka Standing Orders are here :slight_smile:

You can learn how to schedule a payment here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Valentine

Brilliant. I’ve been using it and it works perfectly as expected. Thank you.