Fraudulent use of my Tide Card

Having realised my card had been used in serious and blatant fraud yesterday, I contacted you via the app, via email and tried to contact you via phone.

I have had zero response and you do not have a phone line for fraud which is unacceptable.

I have had over £8000 taken out fraudulently over an approximate 6 hour period and your system failed to pick this up.

Your lack of fraud detection is unacceptable and your lack of response to fraud is unacceptable.

I should have an immediate response and full refund of the funds that have been fraudulently taken out of my account.

Very shocked at the lack customer service and how fraud is just not dealt with at all.

Hi @Downjr,

We are sorry to hear this. We can assure you that situations where fraud occurs are always treated with the utmost urgency.

I can see that our Fraud team have reached out to you in regards to your query.

If you do have any other questions or queries, please chat to our team via our in-app chat or email your full name and business name to hello@tide.co and an agent from the Member Support team will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Nick

Good morning Nick,

The fraud team have indeed been in touch, however i can report no update has been given and they are no further along. None of the money has been been recovered and they are giving no timeline as to when it will be.

Tide keep responding with the same message sent in a slightly different way. The message says “thank you for your patience and we will be in contact when we have an update”.

I have also had no response to my my formal complaint.

It is not hard to priorities this, identify the blatant fraud and refund the money.

I am honestly shocked at how tide staff avoid giving any substantial answers to such a serious situation.

I totally agree, for this reason I can’t trust tide and won’t be recommending it to anyone.
I have had fraud on my card, much less than you and so far I’ve been asked if I have contacted the the company the fraud was paid to and then when I did they told me to contact my bank and the police because I needed a crime number. The fraud team is amateur, this is not workable, you need to feel you can trust your bank and it’s service over this sort of thing. So far I’ve not been given any information or numbers to call, I don’t know if I should go to the police station or what. Any other bank would open an investigation and sort it out for me.

Hi @Downjr apologies for the delayed response.

I can see that your query has been resolved by our Complaints team.

If you have any questions or queries, please message our Member Support team using our in-app chat and an agent will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi @Gustave we are really sorry you feel this way.

We have sophisticated systems in place to detect suspicious activity on our members accounts, and our members are protected against fraudulent transactions made on their Tide MasterCard. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to get fraud detection 100% accurate all the time so sometimes our members will discover unauthorised transactions- this is the case for high street banks too.

Like I stated in the previous thread, situations where fraud occurs are always treated with the utmost urgency.

I can see that you have been in touch with our Dispute team in regards to your query.

If you have any other questions or queries, message our agents via the in-app chat and they will be glad to assist you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nick

Hello,

I have been communicated with David and Frank over the Tide app regarding fraudulent transactions that has been made on my account.

I got advised that the team will be in touch with me and haven’t heard anything as of yet. I have spoken to the lost and stolen card team on Sunday to bloxk my card and also been speaking to David as well on Sunday on the Tide app.

I am feeling very distressed that £660.99 has been taken out my bank which I am assuming its online transactions as I have had the card with me throughout the whole weekend. For cashflow purposes this is putting the business down.

This is really putting me in a difficult situation and I would be delighted if my issue can be marked as priority as I have been communicated this situation on the weekend.

If you can get the relevant team to get in touch with me I very much appreciate it.

Many Thanks.

Hi @Liam488, thanks for reaching out to the Community team.

We are sorry to hear this.

Please rest assured that situations where fraud occurs are always treated with the utmost urgency. We have sophisticated systems in place to detect suspicious activity on our members accounts, and our members are protected against fraudulent transactions made on their Tide Card.

I can see that an agent from our Compliance team has been in touch with you this afternoon and I have asked them to provide you with an update. If you have any questions or queries, please message our agents and they will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,
Nick

@Nick_at_Tide as you can see i have come back on here because i have been told in the app that dispute team will come back to me withing 48 hours. What a surprise i still haven’t had a single response from your dispute team and now been over the 48 hours. I have never experience anything like it!

All i need is communication and almost come to the point where I am thinking is the dispute team looking in to the fraudulent transactions that have been made on my account from Saturday. I contacted the app on Sunday “48 Working Hours” i still believed to give you that time and nothing as of yet!

This is getting ridiculous!

I have been trying for over an hour to get some response from you about my account having unauthorised transactions and still no reply. How long does it take for you to reply. The stress is stupid and my business is suffering

@RobMiles Hello Rob, I have informed Tide about the fradulent transactions last Monday they told me that it would take 48 working hours. I contacted them on Wednesday constantly chasing for an update but I had nothing back from the. I then have a message through the app to ask them the update they have told me it take 6 working days as its the sixth day today i contacted them yet again no response. I will keep chasing them to ask them the outcome. Honestly it feels like they haven’t got any customer service my only advice is to keep chasing them, and just rely on luck.

Dear Nick

i saw some suspicious transactions in my account on Nov 25 and Nov 27th then alerted Tide soon after but already lost few thousand pounds , have been messaging and emailing with no proper response though the card was with me all the time. it has caused immense distress and anxiety for me and wondering how to go forward .
received message that dispute people are looking into it but stil surprised that bank did not pick up so many transactions happening on other part of the work which clearly looked suspicious…basically worried about the security of the bank…

Dear Nick or Tide or whoever wants to respond.

I have had fraudulent transactions on my account and have contacted you via the app and we are now 2days without any messages back and still no money back into my account! I need to get this sorted asap as have now had payments bounce. You haven’t even confirmed to me if we can still use the online bank or it’s just the card that has been cancelled. Seriously the worst customer service I have ever come across! Why will no one contact me? I agree with Rajma, you didn’t pick up any of the fraudulent transactions and really don’t have much trust in your company anymore. I need a response asap please. This is now the 4th way I have tried to contact you!