Fraud, App issues, long wait time

I have been trying to sort out a fraud case that happened on Tuesday. The App keeps crashing, I am the one who is chasing for updates and your T&C’s clearly state that I should have been refunded no later than one business day after I have notified you of the unauthorised payment. You have tried to duck under the FCA’s regulations by claiming you aren’t a bank, yet much of the advertising I see includes the word ‘banking’ and your welcome page before the tide login says ‘smart business banking’.

The app has now crashed and I can’t login at all. I am having to wait hours before anyone responds to my queries.

Someone has stolen 3k from me to buy italian fashion and you have done very little to reassure me that I’ll be getting it back despite your T&C’s.

What is going on?!??!?! My patience is dwindling as my business has been brought to a stand still.

Hi Dominic, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please rest assured that Tide treats all cases of fraud as a priority and are actively working to resolve this issue for you. Tide’s financial services are provided by Prepaid Solutions (PPS), an FCA regulated company that operates with an e-money license. Our members’ funds are in a ring-fenced safeguarding account that is fully protected against risk and reinvestment.

We experienced a short disruption to our app services this morning, which is now resolved. You should now be able to re-access your app.

I understand that you have spoken with our dedicated Disputes team, who have clarified our Terms and Conditions for you. As soon as we receive an update from our banking partner, PPS, my colleague Joe will be in touch. Our apologies for any delays you have suffered.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Joe if you have any further queries.

Thank you, Nick