FreeAgent allows import of .csv files (as well ofx etc). But the CSV created by Tide needs a little massaging to be accepted, here is the process that I use:
- Export the transactions from Tide
- Open the CSV file in Calc (or Excel etc)
- Remove all columns except Date, Description, Amount
- Reorder the columns as Date, Amount, Description, remove the Header row.
- The Date column is in the wrong format (it’s yyyy-mm-dd) and needs to be converted to dd/mm/yyyy
- Add a column next to the Date column and put this formula in the first cell:
- Select the cell and drag down to copy that formula in to all the rows needing the new date.
- Select that column and convert the formula to value (Data->Calculate->Formula to Value)
- Remove the old Date column
- Save the file as a CSV file
Bingo, now it can be imported in to FreeAgent.