Enough to make me leave

It’s not a problem until it’s a problem, but when it becomes a problem, it’s a BIG one.

That being, I cannot get into my account without a mobile. Which has just gone kaput on me. Then I can’t get into my savings account to transfer money to my main account to buy a new phone - or for any other reason.

The last time I had this issue was whilst I was travelling. Fortunately I had money available to sort out a new phone.

For this reason I will be looking for a bank that is more accessible… As much as I love the ease and use of Tide… This is a really, really poorly thought through aspect of the UX!

Thank you for letting us know about this @JoeM

I’m sorry to hear about this situation, I’ve let the Member Support team know about this as well so they can reach out and provide whatever assistance they can.

We’re a primarily digital platform and to a great extent that does require some additional security, which is sometimes difficult to balance with accessibility, but we’ll do what we can to sort this out for you.

Regards,
Obi

Hey Obi,

No worries.

I understand Tide is a digital platform and am not asking for them to open up a local branch… I’m asking for them to make it possible to access my account directly through a desktop / laptop / browser, without first needing to use the App to verify my login.

Otherwise meaning, if my mobile breaks, gets lost or runs out of battery then as long as I have an internet connection I can still get into my account.

Meanwhile, I’m waiting for a charging cable to arrive so I can revive an old phone to use temporarily. I thought I’d at least offer the feedback as I have benefitted from the platform, and would happily return should the issue above be addressed!