Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Yesterday at 9am I tried to transfer money to complete a property purchase and the payment was blocked for security checks.

It took over 24h for customer service to respond and they just said they would chase the relevant team. That was at 8am today and now at almost 6pm I have not heard any more.

I am now in danger of incurring financial penalties or losing the property altogether. 2 working days since we were supposed to complete and now it’s the weekend so that’s a further 2 days delay minimum.

I fail to see what security checks Tide need to carry out. I have paid this solicitor from this account before; and my multiple messages must be clear that this is a genuine transaction. I have even tried transferring the money back to my personal account which is where the money came from in the first place - and I’ve previously paid into it (that transaction was also blocked).

I look forward to an explanation as to why I cannot access my own money.

Hi there @ConceptLA

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. I completely understand how alarming pauses like this can be. Every time we place a temporary pause on a member’s account, it’s always to ensure that they are safe, and that we are compliant with all of the regulations we ourselves must adhere to.

I’m glad to see that the team have been able to complete their checks and reach out to you about this, if you need any kind of assistance, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Obi

1 month later

I get REALLY annoyed by this too. Yes, I get the need to check, but there has to be a better way. Yesterday I tried to transfer money BETWEEN my accounts and that was blocked.

I then tried to get a response from Tide using the in app chat function and got two different responses from two different agents!

The general response is that the transaction is “Pending” but that is a misuse of the word. If it were accurate, the transaction would eventually be “Released” and proceed on it way. That does not happen. I will be told to REDO the transaction. That means the transaction was originally STOPPED, not marked PENDING!!

It is not clear why transactions get stopped. What is the logic? is it value? frequency? infrequency?

I really am thinking of going back to RBS. Even though they charge more, their service is much better.

Why would I stay with Tide?

I have 182k waiting to come into my account. Its been sent, I have a confirmation from the sending bank.

Tide are unable to confirm where the transaction is.

The responders on the messages are always “happy to assist you further” with out actually doing anything in the first place.

Find tide constantly frustrating…

Thank you for your thoughts @hooper35

I’ve had an opportunity to get a very direct line of feedback from yourself and some of our other members and it’s been a great opportunity to get a sense for how this process works for you.

I’ve passed along some of your feedback more directly, and we’ll do our best to improve the process moving forward. At the very least we want to see these checks processed as quickly as possible so we don’t disrupt any important transactions.

@hheneage This seems to be a different matter altogether, as our checks are for outbound payments, but I’ll definitely have a look into this with the team so we can sort this out for you as well.

Regards,
Obi

If you can let me know the name of your business @hheneage, that would let me investigate a bit further with the member support team.

Regards,
Obi

10 days later

Hi
This is obviously a deeper problem with both security/fraud processing AND customer service.
I too have the same issue. I have now made 2 attempts and both say that I will be contacted “in app” shortly. I also contacted Tide and got a couple of nice messages saying they had “raised” it but no action.
The word Shortly to me does not mean no response for 2 days and it is incredibly frustrating to not be able to perform this transaction.
Not impressed and still waiting!

Thanks for reaching out about this @Laurence

It’s definitely something we’re aware of and we’re taking some big steps to see improvement across the board to how quickly and how efficiently we can respond, including to checks like these.

I’ve also checked in with the team and as soon as they’ve done their due diligence, they’ll be in touch right away.

Regards,
Obi

28 days later

Hi there,
I created an account just to get some insight on Tide.
As a customer I paid to a business and he has not received my payment made 23rd December.
I have had my bank provide me with a transaction ID to provide to the business.
I’m beginning to think I’m being scammed however reading some of these post, this seems to be a ongoing problem with TIDE.
Can you give me some ideas on dealing with this matter as my bank has stated clearly settled on my end.

Hello @Sheekz,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please confirm your company name so we can look into the matter with our dedicated team?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Borislav

Hi Borislav,

Thank you this is the exact kind of response we are looking for when dealing with such delicate matters.
I am more than happy to give you details. I’m not asking to give out information I just want to know if my money is stuck somewhere on your end as my bank has stated the status is SETTLED.

If you would like me to provide my account number and sort code do let me know how I can do so privately.
Looking forward to your assistance during this turmoil.

Kind regards,
Yasheika

Just when I thought there was an ounce of professionalism being provided, I guess I was wrong as this thread remains unresponsive.
I am livid, what a despicable banking system!

Hello again @Sheekz,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Could you please reach out to [email protected] via e-mail with a brief explanation of the case?

Please use ‘FAO Borislav’ as an e-mail subject.

I will be expecting your e-mail and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Borislav

Hi there,
Just to provide an update all has now been rectified.

My account has fraudulent activity and no one has got back to me??!

Hello @Ilashkay,

We can see that our dedicated team is currently communicating with you via the in-app chat.

They will work with you until the case is fully resolved.

Let me know if you need any further assistance or have questions.

Regards,
Borislav

Im having the same problem and lost a customer due to tide telling me to contact the payer and ask for differing information, the money has left their account, they clearly have confirmation of this which i have provided to Tide, but it hasnt gone into my Tide account, now the online chat are just totally ignoring my requests and still no money is in my account. This needs sorting today or im moving my business account elsewhere.