Default Email content for Invoices

I have amended the invoice template and I am happy with the result however I am not happy with the default email that is forcibly sent. How do I change it from the following email?

Please find attached the invoice for the services provided by NAME OF COMPANY

The outstanding amount of GBPXX.00. Payment instructions can be found on the attached invoice.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
FULL NAME OF ACCOUNT HOLDER
NAME OF COMPANY
This invoice was generated using Tide, the nimble small business current account. For more information visit www.tide.co

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you @daash!

Currently there is no option to edit the email sent with your Tide invoices, but I have passed your feedback on to the relevant team, we always welcome suggestions as this helps us improve :slight_smile:

I second this. I find the email language a little too curt and would like to change it.

I also believe the language is wrong and I never use my full name - why is it included in the email?

Hi @nomadicjon and @svijany,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

This is an issue we’re aware of and fully intend to address. When we do re-visit our invoicing feature, we’ll make it easier to input a “preferred name” and personalise the email content.

Let me know if you’ve any other questions in the meantime, I’m happy to help :slight_smile:

Valentine

When will this get sorted guys?

I cringe and have to email my clients to apologise for the invoice email every time a send and invoice. Who starts and email “Hi [First name] [Last Name]”!!! Appalling.

"Hi David Smith,

Please find attached the invoice for the services provided by…"

Just adding to this. Is there a way we can change the sender email address? I don’t really want my clients to get an email from ‘tide’. Can this be changed to my company name?

I find this really annoying to, the email template is using my entire name including middle names because I had to use it while setting up the account. I hate having to send the invoice to new clients because it looks very strange.

Is there any timeline on when this will be addressed?

Any update on this? It can’t be that hard to implement, and would make such a big improvement…

Hi all,

I can confirm this is on our radar but I’m afraid I cannot confirm a timeline for now.

When we do re-visit our invoicing feature, we’ll make it easier to personalise the email content and input a preferred name.

We’re collecting all your feedback on Tide’s different features and functionalities so please do continue to share it as it helps up improve Tide!

Let me know if you’ve any other questions in the meantime, I’m happy to help :slight_smile:

Valentine

Good :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

This is taking too long. There are other options coming into the market and I’m still cringing every time I need to send an invoice to a client via tide.

I actually send a follow-up email to new clients apologising for the language in this email!!! Do you have a definitive timeline? Or should we start exploring alternative options?

Hi @nomadicjon, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of our members’ requests to improve this feature and are sorry that we have been unable to implement these improvements as yet. We will be actively looking at invoicing in the coming months I’m afraid that we can’t confirm a timeline yet.
Thank you, Ali

It’s why I never invoice directly from the Tide app, I just invoice from my accounting software. :joy:

As a new customer about to raise my first invoice, the invoice functionality is really disappointing. Not being able to edit the default email text, not being able to stop the email using my full name including middle names, not being able to delete test invoices makes the whole invoicing service not fit for purpose.

This is really disappointing and makes a terrible first impression on me as a new customer. Then I discover there is no IBAN capability, which is another disappointment as some clients require one to make payment.

Overall I am really disappointed with the initial capability of this service.

It falls far short of the marketing.

M

Hi Mark, sorry to hear that you’ve been disappointed with our invoicing feature. If you would like your middle name to be removed from your Tide account, please let us know and we can arrange this for you. All feedback regarding our invoicing functionality has been taken on board by our product team and will be implemented when building out our new invoice feature.

You have been made eligible to apply for our IBAN feature, please apply via the Tide app under More > International currency account. Our ICA team would be happy to assist via the app if you have any queries.

Thanks, Ali

Hi Ali

I think you have totally missed Mark’s points and you haven’t addressed them.

Has anything progressed with invoicing since my first comments, a year ago!

The invoicing system is so fundamentally flawed it makes the system unusable and amateur.

One day, when you address this issue, in a serious manner , you will have a jolly good system.

All the best

Da

Hi Da, thank you for reaching out. As discussed in another thread with Mark, Deleting test invoice, we’re looking at building an entirely new invoicing feature, taking into account all of our members requests, rather than adding to the existing feature. This process will take longer to implement but we’re confident that the end product will be more beneficial to our members.
Our product team are working hard to produce quick fixes in the meantime, as we understand the functionality is frustrating for our members. We will provide updates via Community with all new releases.
Whilst the new invoice feature is being built, our team will offer support wherever possible, such as amending names. If you have any further requests please don’t hesitate to reach out in-app. Our Member Support team would be happy to help.
Thanks, Ali