Close account and company

Hello,

Today, I applied to have a business account and a company registered with Tide Business. During the time of applying, I wasn’t really thinking about the company properly and the impacts it would have on me and now I’ve come to regret opening a company because of my universal credit, home address being public and more.

Is there any way to close my account and have my company closed, I can pay a fee for it if needed but I really need to have my company closed, surely there must be a way.

I look forward to hearing back from somebody.

Thank you for reaching out about this @78josh5

I’m sorry to hear that this has been a cause for concern for you. If you have concerns about privacy, a virtual office address is an option for you if you’re interested.

That said - you can have the company stricken off directly through Companies House, and let the Member Support team know why you’d like to close the account in the app itself, so they can assist in that regard.

Regards,
Obi

Hello,

If I wanted to have the company stricken off, what do I need for this? The company was incorporated through Tide Business so would I not need to pay a fee for this?

I have tried to get the company stricken off online but the online process asks me for my company authentication code but I don’t know how to retrieve it considering this is probably held by Tide Business/

Regards,
Joshua

Thank you for getting back to me on this, @78josh5

As the director of this newly formed company, you’ll have the ability to have it stricken off in Companies House.

Of course, there are some details that you should have received from us by email after the formations process was completed. I’d recommend that you let our Member Support team know about this in-app so they can assist in providing those for you if you haven’t received them already.

Regards,
Obi

Hello,

Thank you so much, you have been a big help and I appreciate the assistance you have given me.

Regards,
Joshua

You’re welcome, I’m happy to help!

Is my company authentication code something that Tide can give me via in-app chat or is this something I must request via companies house?

Hi there @78josh5

You can find out some more details about how to get your authentication code from Companies House here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/company-authentication-codes-for-online-filing

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Obi