CEO Update needed on Tide securing funding

When is the Tide CEO going to provide Tide members with another update on bbl’s and what’s happening with securing funding? The lack of updates and communication around this is causing everybody no end of distress with many companies potentially about to go under. For several weeks now we’ve heard that Tide is close to securing funding. Please give us an update on how close you are and let it be realistic.

forget about it… go to tides trustpilot review… it goes downhill
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/tide.co

Wtf.

“ My husband has killed himself due to the poor service and lack of communication by tide.

Sadly watching the business he had built from the ground up slowly sink into collapse was too much and despite being an early member of tide (before they became big) they’re support in offering a Bounce Back Loan was none existant and their focus seems to have been to attract new customers”

That review is wrong on so many levels it’s not even funny, who ever wrote it needs to have a word with themselves as a matter of urgency.

I guess the issue with constant updates is that if there’s nothing new to say people are equally hyper critical of that. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

I agree about that review mind. If that persons husband has indeed killed himself it is tragic but there are more sensible ways to deal with it l, and a trust pilot review isn’t one of them.

I’m eagerly waiting like anyone else. I think I qualify for the BB loan and it would certainly get me back on track. If there’s no realistic prospect of it happening I’d also like to know sooner rather than later so I can make alternative arrangements. But I do think it’s a tad harsh the stick that Tide are getting.

Maybe most of those eligible will get sorted by the deadline. Maybe they won’t - it’s the uncertainty that’s the biggest issue I guess. It’s a bit like standing in a queue. In some places they’ll come and communicate to those near the back of the queue to tell them to go home as they won’t get in. Other places don’t tell people and shut the door with hordes outside. Hopefully Tide will do the former at some point in the near future.

While I hope the review above is fake I could image if it were true.
I myself have felt like jacking it all in to be honest.

While I don’t blame Tide one bit I don’t think they haven’t helped themselves.

Saying things like “very soon” for the live tracker and still no live tracker.

Saying “we hope to source hundreds of millions of funds soon” weeks ago and still nothing.

But let’s remember this is a hard world we find ourselves in and that certainly isn’t Tide’s fault.

Certainly - wether they are a pee’d off customer writing a review and making up a story ( a fake review of such nature is pretty pathetic ) or indeed it has happened ( I truly hope not) , none of that is tides fault !!

Seems to be a level of entitlement from many surrounding the situation at the moment any entitlement should be directed towards those Eaton schoolboys they in many cases, voted in - tide are doing what they can, they are doing more than other banks have, they’re trying, there’s been a pandemic ffs.

No doubt the period has been the toughest that many will have ever been through, no denying that. As we have said before, do all you can, if you still go down, at least you won’t be angry with yourself for having spent 8 weeks ranting online instead of exhausting every opportunity.

“ If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!”

Really hope this isn’t true !!!

Thats an absolute disgrace! How would you even think of publicly posting that… I can not see a) hows it’s Tides fault and B) why on earth you would every write that on a review site if it was???

Some people are just sick!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, everyone!

For our part, while we don’t want to keep reviews of that sort visible on our platform, we absolutely take them seriously and do what we can to assist. This is a difficult time, and even as we’ve tried to be transparent about what we’ve been able to achieve in regard to the BBLS, it remains that some of our members are vulnerable.

We’re still hard at work on securing additional funding and hope to have a new update soon.

Regards,
Obi

Hi Obi.

The word soon has been used many times by those working at Tide.

The word soon means “in or after a short time”.

Just an idea but maybe it’s best to use another word when talking about BBL’S or the Tracker as nothing is happening “Soon” and certainly not “Very soon” as the tracker was supposed to be.

Please don’t take this as criticism. I thank all you guys for trying your best to help us members.

Hope your well. Stay safe.

I agree with you please can we stop using the word SOON !!!
Every single reply from every source from Tide will have the word SOON in there.
Thanks

A response from Oliver would be greatly appreciated as it has now been several weeks since our last update. All Tide customers are being let down at the moment. We beta test your software but all updates are related to onboarding new customers.
Those of us who are Founder member and/or paying premium members have had support completely disappeared. You have asked us for patience and understanding but that can only go so far when we do not receive genuine responses to our fears and concerns. The businesses that built you up as a bank are now failing and the silence is deafening.
Please don’t insult us by copying and pasting one of the 5 boilerplate responses every customer service rep now has saved as a keyboard shortcut.

You continue to host weekly Live sessions on Facebook for a myriad of subjects, how about the management team host a live q&a on Facebook or via zoom or whatever to show us that you do still genuinely care for your customers?

They will come out with the same old spill !!
So frustrating :-1::-1:

Hey @schamness

Thank you for your post.

I do completely understand that it’s frustrating to receive a template as a response to what has been a very frequent set of questions of late. As inundated as our Member Support team has been with daily requests for updates, we simply would not be able to keep up with actionable requests - this has already impacted our ability to respond as quickly as we’d like.

We know that an update is sorely needed and we’re doing everything we can from our side to make progress. As soon as we have a major update in regard to the BBLS, we’ll make sure it’s known across all of our channels.

Regards,
Obi

Thanks @Obi_at_Tide , as someone who has worked for many years in the tech side of financial services I understand the complications of offering new products, but communication is key to ensuring the faith of you customers. Perhaps a weekly update would be appreciated by many of us.

I think suggesting the Tracker App would be ready by Mid June, but not providing a further update while we are now in early July highlights this issue. It seems to be that the uncertainty to most peoples livelihoods is the greatest issue most of us are currently facing and we are all stuck in limbo at the moment not knowing what we can commit to and without any realistic timescale we should be working to.

Without a little more information being offered, timescales being drawn up and stuck to I can see many of your customers leaving and that’s if they can continue to trade in the coming months.

I do sympathy with the task you have at hand and I wish you the best of luck, for all our sakes.

closed #17