Cant receive app retrieval code because my mobile number has changed

I wouldn’t need to reinstall if i hadn’t changed phone! So anyway I need a way of changing my phone number with the app so i can use the account again - I’ve done the other verification steps (password, ID, selfie).
This must be a simple process right?

Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delay in response. My name is David from the Tide Member Support team.

You can easily change your mobile number straight through the app by tapping ‘More’ followed by ‘Profile’. You’re able to change your e-mail from there too! Have in mind, however, that once you update any of your contact details, as a security measure, you won’t be able to add a new payee for 24 hours.

If you happen to change your device at one point, installing the app afresh on the new device will prompt you to go through account recovery. As long as you enter the correct email address, you should be prompted to enter an active UK mobile number and take a photo of your ID and selfie.

I hope this helps and please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with by sending an e-mail to hello@tide.co or via the in-app chat. We’d love to help!

Best wishes,

David