Broken functionality on desktop

Hi there,

My accountant is struggling to reconcile my Tide account due to two separate broken pieces of functionality on the desktop.

Firstly, the “account reader” function denies him access, saying I’ve revoked it. But I’ve not! His email address is on the list when I log in to reader site myself. There’s no function to delete his login to re-add it, and I can’t add him again, as it says his email already exists.

(separately the login requires me to enter my email twice before it offers me a login code, so every login ends up sending me two SMSes).

Secondly, when I log onto the web site myself to try to export my transactions as CSV, the “Filter” function doesn’t allow me to select any date range that isn’t the last month. I can open the panel on the right and select different dates. When I make changes to the dates, the main panel reloads but never shows any transactions that aren’t from the last month. When I hit the Export button, it only exports transactions in the last month. So something seems broken about the date selection (at least), and I’m unable to get the transactions out into a spreadsheet.

The PDF statement export does work but it’s a bit of a 20th century way of reconciling a bank account :sob:

Will the account reader login & CSV export get fixed? (or will Quickbooks integration get released, which is what I’m trying to work around?)

Thanks - Matthew

Hi @matthewbloch, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you! I hope this has been resolved for you by our Member Support team.

I’ve had word with our tech team and understand that there is a workaround in place for the account reader issue - if this is still a problem, please reach out via the in-app chat and we’ll get the instructions over to you right away. For the CSV issue, I have logged a ticket for you with Tech team and we’ll get this investigated for you. Please mention this issue when you message our Member Support team.

Thank you, Ali

Thanks Ali.

Unfortunately nothing has changed on the account-reader front. My accountant writes:

Just tried to log into Tide. I got an access code by phone which I inserted but then the following message came up

Accounts for [my business name]

This client has revoked your access to their account.

You can re-request access to their account by adding them as a new client on the My Clients page.

Then when I log in, I can see his email/phone as an authorised contact, but no way to revoke & re-add.

Can you ask the team if they could move this on for us? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @matthewbloch, thank you for giving these details. I’ve asked my colleague in Member Support to reach out to you via the in-app chat so we can sort out the account-reader issue :slight_smile:
Thanks, Ali