Bounce Back Loan

Query, why is there a LIMIT placed on what Tide can lend. I am not aware of any limits on other banks? The government, through the BBB, has a huge pot of money. The stated goal is to distribute it, and fast, to eligible busineses =, and distribute it via as many channels as possible. A lot of us have taken out accounts with Tide, and waited for them to be approved. And now it is stated here is a limit on the money. No doubt many of us feel very disadvantaged to have ditched out High Street banks for Tide. You are really letting us down.

Valentine,

Tide needs to be clear and do the right thing here we need answers to our questions so we can survive as a business.

How much is the limit of capital??
How is the phasing going to be done? On what criteria?

This now causing more problems than you are meant to be solving. We all need answers NOW so we can make decisions.

Guys… Forget about this tide. dont wait at their mercy.

Go to HSBC FEEDER ACCOUNT

OR GO TO

COOP bank, make sure you have an FSB membership its only 177/year direct debit. , then open a current account on CCOPbank its called, FSB business banking account,

Co Op are quoting 28 days to open an account and HSBC just as bad!!!

but they have got unlimited fund. unlike tide

I do not understand this “limited funds” business. Why would some institutions have unlimited funds and others not. Surely that is prejudicial to those institutions (and customers of those institutions) who are given limited funds? Not a level playing field.

HSBC waitlist is 28 days before they will open up a feeder account, I have been waiting nearly two weeks now to even get a reply form HSBC and the COOP will not open new accounts at present.

but they have got unlimited fund. there is something to expexct in 28 days. unlike tide we are in limbo.

with coop you open FSB memebership and open the FSB bank account… i just received an sms they are checking the details and in 7 10 days I should hear from them.

How do you knows this, do you know a premium member who has been accepted?

Liam

Thanks Parot but unfortunatly COOP will decline me I feel as my credit record is less than perfect and I know from applying to other banks for an account before I signed up with Tide that the big banks hate customers with bad credit.

Bout Bounce Back loans have NOTHING to do do with credit. There is NO CREDIT CHECK I understand. The Business is borrowing, not you personally, and the Government guarantees the loan. So no risk to the banks. If your business qualifies (and almost all do( then you shoudl get the loan. Period!

If you are an FSB member then you should be fine even if your credit score is not perfect. if you are not FSB member. you can sign up they will not take the payment straight away. in coop website the account is called FSB BANK account

Hi all,

We are taking a phased approach to deliver Bounce Back Loans quickly and efficiently. I can also confirm that we are aiming to deliver Bounce Back Loans to all Tide members who are eligible in due course and will start delivering them early this week .

As I mentioned in my previous posts, there is an initial limit on the amount of money we are able to lend as Bounce Back Loans from the British Business Bank. But once we have reached our initial limit on the amount we can lend through the BBLS we will work with the British Business Bank to increase it.

We will keep communicating and updating you on this - but in the meantime, you can find more about Bounce Back Loans and join our waitlist to register your interest here.

I also would like to remind everyone that as Members of Tide you are subscribed to our Terms of Use which, should you wish to, you can review here.

Specifically, per these terms please be reminded, per subsection 18.4 (e), that “It is not permitted to: act in a manner that is defamatory, libellous, threatening or harassing when using the Services”.

Violating our Terms of Use could result in the team having to consider closing or suspending your Tide account as well as silent or close your community profile. We take our employees’ welfare very seriously and therefore will not tolerate the use of offensive or profane language.

Thank you for your understanding, and please let me know if you have any questions,
Valentine

Do you have a time line for these applications?

Hi @Johnboy1906,

We’re delivering Bounce Back Loans from this week, with a phased approach. This means we’re giving access to businesses in batches.

To find out if you can access for a Bounce Back Loan from us, open your Tide app and go to More > Credit > Bounce Back Loan.

We are working through our waiting list as quickly as possible but I am afraid I can’t confirm a timeline.

If you don’t see Bounce Back Loan in your app, please join our waiting list.

Thanks,
Valentine

I am on the waiting list but do not see the bounce back loan in my app

Valentine - I am unsure if you missed my post above so I am re-posting this.

Please can you tell us what that initial limit is from the British Bank? Or how much have Tide raised from the Capital Markets to cover these initial batches of loans?

That is going to make a dramatic difference as to whether I wait this out or not. ie. you can easily calculate that if Tide have been given an initial sizing of £100m, then on the average BB loan of
£30k that is only going to service 3,333 business, likewise £1b is only going to service 33,333 out of your 160,000 registered with you.

I think everyone appreciates that the team are working tirelessly to make this happen and get it right, but without any peripheral information it is very hard for businesses to make decisions right now - if I think there is going to be a 2-4 week delay, we will need to start thinking about heading in a different direction.

Also, it is incredibly unhelpful to keep putting in bold text that you are aware of high demand and you will get to businesses in due course. We understand exactly what that means and I think for all of the businesses without access just now it seems like we will need to wait and wait and maybe not get it at all - that is just not acceptable as we all have employees and operational needs and we will seek to move elsewhere. Give customers the choice by giving them key information on whether they will be able to access this week or not and if not, when.

Many Thanks

James

James

I don’t think you will get a reply from Tide that will satisfy you. I have been warned by Tide to moderate my posts so I would be very careful what you say or you too might be told off.

As for the bold type , well Tide have said they will start lending when they are ready, so when will that be , this week , next week, in a year etc .

Really is is not fair to us all to keep us hanging like this.

I have joined the waiting list , intact I joined at the start of this yet I have heard nothing.

This is mind bending to be honest , we are all sitting waiting like idiots ,yet I have been told via other banks that my company qualifies but I can’t get an account with other banks and yet I have four limited company accounts with Tide and they are silent , so silent intact its deafening .

James a further update…

I have found an article on a website regarding Tide’s plans and it appears they will role out the loans very very slowly and only to a select few.

" Tide said its rollout of Bounce Back Loans, which are 100 per cent guaranteed by the UK government, would happen slowly with a waiting list and a small number of customers given the opportunity to apply.

“As Tide has most of the required data, the application process is very lean, primarily limited to the confirmations required by the government. Approval and payout will be instant,” the fintech said."""

See the article yourself:

Bounce Back Loan - has ANYONE been pre-approved or had ANY correspondence today?

I receieved an inapp push notification… about BBL, it says check in box, but when I open my Tide app nothing is there . :joy:

Which in box? my letter box in my house. shoes box… my TIDE soap box :joy: