Best accountancy integration - suggestions please!

Hi all

I have a small business of 1, I’ve been using Tide for a while and I’m happy enough. Sure a few things could improve (eg. I’d like invoices created in the app to let me know when they’ve been paid/are overdue) but I’m confident they’re on the right track.
Anyway, I don’t have any accounting software as yet (well I got sage but it’s way too messy - I haven’t used it and I’m going to cancel) but I’d like to go for the solution that is most integrated with Tide - that is to say the product that requires the least involvement from me and streamlines the process best. This means at the least, using the categories I’ve assigned in Tide already and not making me do it all again (sage)

Can anyone give me any suggestions, pros and cons etc?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hello Mole,

Thank you so much for drawing this to our attention - we’re really grateful for your feedback.

We’re looking at building an entirely new invoicing feature, taking into account all of our members requests, rather than adding to the existing feature. This process will take longer to implement but we’re confident that the end product will be more beneficial to our members. We will provide updates via Community with all new releases.

We currently have many of our members use Xero, FreeAgent & KashFlow and which you can freely use and sync your transaction from Tide to your software. Automatic transaction syncing replaces manual statement sharing, allowing you to “click and forget” and avoid the end-of-year rush to reconcile transactions. You can check each of these softwares’ reviews online and see what’s best for your needs.

A great software that we look forward to integrating soon is QuickBooks. We are making good progress with our open-banking API, but unfortunately we won’t be ready to integrate just yet. The first element of our open-banking API which is due to launch is our Account Information Services, which will allow us to integrate with Quickbooks. We hope that Quickbooks is also on track, which will allow us to make this integration work.

Our payment developers are working hard to make this happen and we’ll continue to provide updates wherever we can.

Feel free to contact us through the in-app chat or hello@tide.co for any questions you may have!

For now, I wish you a fantastic day and all the best ahead for you and your business.