Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Hi @pappadontpreach

I can confirm that if or when you can access a Bounce Back Loan from us, we’ll message you by email or app notification.

I also wanted to let you know that we are working to provide an automated solution for you to see your place on our waiting list as well as provide clearer timelines regarding when you can expect to gain access to a Bounce Back Loan with Tide.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Valentine

A timeline to give some sense of the waiting list position would be an incredibly helpful addition.

At the moment I have no idea if it’s reasonable to be expecting 100, 1000 or 5000 a day of these loans to be being processed.

I’d be guessing at the 100s not 1000s. I put myself on the list almost immediately and so i’d be a bit miffed if others have been jumped ahead of me.

Youd hope that a modern financial institution can process at least 1000 loans a day.

If it were 5000 then we’d all have been processed by now. Currently i’m only aware of 2 businesses being helped. Many more could have been and not spoken up so the number is at least 2 in one day.

Yeah youre right of course. One would also hope the process will become more rapid and efficient as it evolves. But if theyre processing less than several hundred a day we are in for a very long wait.

I have seen a few posts on facebook where they have been told where they are on the list after registering o the 18th. 30422 is one number. So i think im going to have to look elsewhere

very strange … but saying all this - and from what I’ve read online - I don’t think (although i could be completely wrong) Tide, are processing loans based on a queueing system. So the questions is - does it really matter what number in the queue we are? I haven’t got the foggiest :woozy_face:

I think they are picking the numbers out of thin air. Ststting to get very fed up with the lack of communication and speed of the whole thing now

I’m sure they’ll get their act together very soon - i know this is easier said than done - but sit tight Jon, it will come, i genuinely believe this.

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. We have just shared a new blog post answering the questions we have been receiving the most over the past two weeks.

From that list, I wanted to highlight one question here:

How can I find out where I am on the waiting list?

The waiting list works like a queue, everyone who registers is listed in the order you signed up. We’re working hard to get through the list as fast as we can and we’ll contact you when you can access a Bounce Back Loan. We’ll also let you know if you’re not eligible.

We’re building an online tracker so you’ll be able to easily review your status. We need to build and test this tracker system and we hope it will be live before mid June.

We’ve been letting people know their place on the list, however this is a manual short-term solution and many members have been asking for daily updates. This is causing delays in our response times and leaving members frustrated that we’re not going as fast as they’d like. You’ll soon be able to check your status with our tracker so it would be helpful if you could support us by messaging only with queries about using your Tide account or withdrawing your loan when we’ve offered one to you.

You can see the full post here 5. I hope this will answer all your questions.

Thanks,
Valentine

closed Jun 2, '20