Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Batches of the bbl how often are these done weekly monthly or so on will there be any givinf today as bank holiday have hears of 2 people has the loan out of lal the thousands on here thanks

• created

May '20
  • last reply

Jun '20

replies

views

users

links

Good luck getting answers to those questions. The lack of communication is horrendous. When you do get an answer its usually to redirect you to there latest update. Which is a load of rubbish.

who are these two people do you have a link if on the internet as I find this hard to believe

Hi all,

Over 40,000 businesses joined our waiting list in a matter of days. As you can imagine, we can’t immediately offer Bounce Back Loans to this number of you at once, so we’re taking a phased approach to ensure compliance with the scheme rules, a smooth process and repayment of the loans.

We have been lending Bounce Back Loans to our members since 19 May. (We initially beta-launched with a select number of limited companies who had been with us for a while, before making the loans available more widely.)

We’re now working through our waiting list as quickly as we can, delivering loans daily. Unfortunately, we still can’t guarantee everyone who registers will be able to get a loan from us but we’re working hard to make the loans available to as many of you as possible, as well as providing more clarity on timelines.

I hope this will address all your questions.

Thanks,
Valentine

Hi Valentine - thanks for the update.

This morning there was mention of customers being contacted by phone - is this correct, or, shall we still expect a notification via the app and email??

Thanks,
PDP

Hi @pappadontpreach

I can confirm that if or when you can access a Bounce Back Loan from us, we’ll message you by email or app notification.

I also wanted to let you know that we are working to provide an automated solution for you to see your place on our waiting list as well as provide clearer timelines regarding when you can expect to gain access to a Bounce Back Loan with Tide.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Valentine

A timeline to give some sense of the waiting list position would be an incredibly helpful addition.

At the moment I have no idea if it’s reasonable to be expecting 100, 1000 or 5000 a day of these loans to be being processed.

I’d be guessing at the 100s not 1000s. I put myself on the list almost immediately and so i’d be a bit miffed if others have been jumped ahead of me.

Youd hope that a modern financial institution can process at least 1000 loans a day.

If it were 5000 then we’d all have been processed by now. Currently i’m only aware of 2 businesses being helped. Many more could have been and not spoken up so the number is at least 2 in one day.

Yeah youre right of course. One would also hope the process will become more rapid and efficient as it evolves. But if theyre processing less than several hundred a day we are in for a very long wait.

I have seen a few posts on facebook where they have been told where they are on the list after registering o the 18th. 30422 is one number. So i think im going to have to look elsewhere