Backwards Thinking - Complaint

Hey! Just had my first piece of what I’d describe as poor customer service from Tide.

On opening my account I was offered Tide Plus. This is an upgrade I have with another business account I have with Tide - and my experience when I upgraded last time was that my card was replaced shortly after upgrade without warning, leaving me without a card for a couple of days - not a huge deal, but enough of a problem that it stuck in my mind.

Now, my new account I’ve had for 2 months, I messaged today to upgrade to be told no - with no explanation. I asked for further clarification, and a few messages back and forward I’m no further forward on the actual reason behind the decision other than I’m no longer a new customer - I’ve had my account 2 months?!

Within the first 2 months of business, having my debit card replaced wasn’t convenient, it now is - but upgrading (which incurs a monthly fee) is only available to new customers, meaning that I am actually paying MORE to run my Tide account because I wanted to avoid a small but significant disruption in my early days.

Really short sighted Tide, and the correspondence with your agent is blunt at best, unsympathetic and makes it seem like it’s MY fault I’ve missed the boat when in reality, I didn’t know that you picked and chose who you offered paid for benefits to in the first place.

I’m not very happy…

Hi @Velocity.Jon,

I’m really sorry that you feel this way. A member of the team has reached out to you in the app chat to discuss this further with you.

In the meantime please do let us know if you have any further enquiries.

Thanks

I seen. I’m still not satisfied, I was literally offered the opportunity to save money with Tide. The only thing that’s changed is the passage of time.

Really REALLY poor customer service.

I’m on the waiting list for a Monzo Business Account, has such great service from them I’ll 100% be jumping ship.

We’re sorry to hear that you feel this way.

If you continue to reach out to us in the app, we’ll be able to assist you further with this :slight_smile: