Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

I have recently tried to open a new account. I have had extreme difficulty in getting my passport to automatically be captured for proof. I have read a few threads and notice this is a common problem. Can someone please assist so i can get this account open. Thanks.

• created

Oct '20
  • last reply

Nov '20

replies

views

users

Hello @Sjd!

Please ensure the following:

• not obscure any part of the photo page of the passport especially any machine-readable text
  • in a well-lit room, this needs to be bright but not to the extent that there is glare reflecting from your document
  • holding your device carefully so that the app can capture a clear, stable image.
  • holding the device in such a way that ensures the corners of the document are within the capture region of the screen within your app

Additionally, you can try:

• to capture this using your front-facing camera if you are having ongoing difficulties
  • to attempt submission of an alternative form of ID

I hope this helps! In case you still encounter difficulties, please contact us via [email protected] and the team will review the matter and help out!

Kind regards,
Harry

Nothing worked. I sent and email and still no reply

1 month later

Hi there @SteveH

I’d recommend going through the steps that we’ve posted above, we do have some plans for improvements to the ID scan and hope to implement them soon.

Regards,
Obi

Thanks @Obi_at_Tide

I’ve done all of the above, including trying it on my tablet, my wifes phone, different rooms and different backgrounds.

I’ve just fired off an email to the [email protected] .

Thanks
Steve