I have recently tried to open a new account. I have had extreme difficulty in getting my passport to automatically be captured for proof. I have read a few threads and notice this is a common problem. Can someone please assist so i can get this account open. Thanks.
Please ensure the following:
- not obscure any part of the photo page of the passport especially any machine-readable text
- in a well-lit room, this needs to be bright but not to the extent that there is glare reflecting from your document
- holding your device carefully so that the app can capture a clear, stable image.
- holding the device in such a way that ensures the corners of the document are within the capture region of the screen within your app
Additionally, you can try:
- to capture this using your front-facing camera if you are having ongoing difficulties
- to attempt submission of an alternative form of ID
I hope this helps! In case you still encounter difficulties, please contact us via email@example.com and the team will review the matter and help out!
Nothing worked. I sent and email and still no reply
I’ve got exactly the same problem.
Hi there @SteveH
I’d recommend going through the steps that we’ve posted above, we do have some plans for improvements to the ID scan and hope to implement them soon.