Attaching receipts vs receipt bank & xero integration

Uploaded a receipt today, obviously useful to have to hand, but what’s the longer term plan?

I currently use receipt bank with xero, so my receipts are scanned, read and forwarded through to xero for easy reconciliation.

Is the plan for Tide to do the same thing, or something similar, or something totally different?

On the xero note, I’m assuming currently we just add a bank account as usual and reconcile using csv files?

Cheers!

Hi Dan,

With our initial Xero integration, the receipt will be automatically attached to the transaction in Xero. In the future, we’ll be looking to extend this feature to correctly read receipt for easier reconciliation. We are not currently working on this feature but thank you very much for the suggestion and please do continue to share feedback as it helps us shape Tide.

On the xero note, I’m assuming currently we just add a bank account as usual and reconcile using csv files?

On Android this is currently the only method, however if you’re using iOS, we’re about to release the next version of our Xero integration to Preview. If you are not yet part of Tide Preview get in touch through the in-app chat and we will add you to the list. You should then hear from us in the next 2 weeks.

Hope this helps!