Accounting Software

Hi Valentine,

On the website it is said that the quickbooks integration is “coming soon”. In several posts, including onces dating from one year behind, it is “in the plans”. And after almost a year (today it’s two months more), and I can read that there is no update becaus they don’t have an API ?

However I can easily connect to barclays, metrobank, and all other kind of normal banks. Integration with quickbooks is crucial as it is one of the most popular software, and it’s a pain to have to do this manually.

What is preventing tide to be integrated when it is already integrated with most of the banks ? (Including other non-bank services like paypal). Is there an update on this or a timeframe of when we could expect it ? (It has been sold as “coming soon” on the tide homepage for a while. I’m about to start using tide to seperate all my business and personal expenses, but if there is no plan to get quickbooks soon I’d rather I stick to my bank in the meantime, it is a major time saving feature.

Hi @estedonis,

Our objective is to integrate with all accountancy software providers, as you know, our mission is to save small business owners time.

What this means in practice is that we’ve been having discussions with Xero, Quickbooks, FreeAgent, Sage (+others) since we launched. Xero and FreeAgent work on a public API basis, which means we can connect without requiring any time or resources from them. Sage and Quickbooks don’t have APIs, which means we require them to do some tech development work for us to provide a feed. While Sage has been quick to prioritise us, Quickbooks is taking a bit more time.

The good news is that discussions are advanced with Quickbooks and we’re really hoping to release something in the first half of this year. However, we depend on them so we’re not able to promise any timeframe until we actually begin the work.

We’ll let update the community as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your patience James!

Valentine

Ok thanks a lot for the precision, will wait for it :slight_smile:

Hi @Tide ,

Are there any plans to integrate with WaveApps?

I use it and find it an excellent free accounting software.

Would be great if you can.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi @PBTT,

I’m afraid we currently don’t have immediate plans to work with Wave, but will certainly update the community if this changes in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Val

Please can I add my interest in Wave compatibility, Wave is excellent value as it is free and gives me everything I want, except for connectivity to tide!

Would also love to see wave integration.

I have contacted QuickBooks Support and had a lengthy conversation explaining why it’s important for me. The person said she will forward my concerns to their devs and seniors. I also left feedback and planning to write in their community forum (when I figure out how to find it). I want this to work and I think if we will start pushing them a bit more, this process will be faster. I really want to see it soon. I have been neglecting my accounting for too long and I think this would help me stay committed. Please let us know if there are any updates.

Hi @BernardKudulis,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I completely understand that this integration is important for you and your business - I can confirm we’re in active discussions with QuickBooks and plan to release our integration in the coming months.

I’m afraid I can’t give you a more precise timeline, however, we’ll share an update with the community as soon as we have more details.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Valentine

Hi Valentine, March was the last piece in this thread. Do you have any more details on QBO integration as this is the one main piece missing in effortless working together between bank and accounts. I am hopeless at uploading manually and this really would be great to have. Thanks Alex