Accounting Software

Is there any Accounting Software that you can link the tide bank account ?
i’ve done a few trials quickbooks wave and i noticed even Xero don’t recognise tide.
Thanks

Hi @Mark, thanks for your question. We recently integrated with Xero on iOS devices (Android coming soon). We also have plans to integrate with other major accountancy softwares in the future – including FreeAgent, Quickbooks and Sage. More information about Xero can be found here.

You can also export a CSV of transactions to use with most desktop software - that’s what I do and it works just fine (with banktivity on mac os).

Thank you Kenny ill give banktivity a look

Thank you Viktoria
I have read all about your integration with Xero so i would of expected Xero would of had Tide in it list of banks. so that is my question when will these accounting software programs start listing tide.
Thanks Mark

Hi Mark, the reason for this is because our integration differs to those undertaken by other banks. We’ve used Xero’s API whereas other banks have integrated using traditional bank feeds, hence these banks are listed and Tide isn’t.

Hi Viktoria,
It would be really helpful if Tide used direct bank feeds too. Then we would not have to undo all of the Tide reconciliations before redoing them properly in Xero. It would also be better for visibility so that people buying Xero would see that Tide could be connected.

Mark

Hi @MarkN, we too are really keen to use Xero’s bank feeds. We’re still waiting to hear back from Xero as to when we can implement this. Because of this wait, we choose to integrate Tide using Xero’s API. So next on our agenda is integration via Xero’s bank feeds.

Thanks Viktoria. Looking forward to it!

On the same subject but a different issue. Could you say when the android version will be available? I probably wouldn’t naturally choose Xero. more likely to get Quickbooks or Kashflow but need to get on with it, If the Android version is coming soon I might just go for Xero.

Any views from the community on how the packages compare? So two questions in one-

Hi @jbriginshaw, Xero on Android is still in development but we hope to release this in the coming months. In the meantime, I can add you to the Tide Preview programme - our testing platform. Just DM me your email and name :smile:

Hi any plans for Wave as well?

Hi @helentgg, many of our members have expressed interest in a Wave integration - so we’d love to implement this at some point, providing theres enough demand for it! We’ll keep you updated once we know more :slight_smile:

Given that wave is free i would of thought there would be high demand. Also as a small business just starting out i think Xero is quite expensive compared to quickbooks.

I currently use Quickbooks but looking to move to Kashflow. So these two at the moment would be top of my list to be integrated.

I am an accountant and love xero. Have used sage and quickbooks in the past and hated them. Free agent also, not keen!

I would love to see Kashflow integration.

Hi all!

A quick note to let you know that our FreeAgent integration is live.

You can find out more here. You can also find a list of FAQs about this here.

Let me know if you have any questions, I’d be happy to help :slight_smile:

Any update on QBO? A time line would be helpful, I use it for both my businesses and don’t want to change software, but equally don’t want to change banks. May have to if not imminent as getting tedious downloading CSV files and importing.

Hey @TomK,

I’m afraid we don’t have any update at this stage as QuickBooks don’t have a Bank Feed API for now.

We’ll start working on this as soon as they launch their API.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime, I’d be happy to help.

Thanks,
Valentine