Welcome to the community

IMPORTANT: Tide Community is closing - we’re building something better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and ideas. We very much appreciate your contributions - and now it’s time for something new. To better support you, and to showcase your businesses, we’re developing a member directory.

5th February 2021: This forum is now ‘static’ so it's not possible to add a new topic or comment.
Summer 2021: The forum will close. Read more

Hi. Can some reply regarding inability to make outgoing payments due to ‘security checks’. Getting seriously concerned seeing other threads saying it’s taking months to resolve issues. Thanks.

• created

Jun '20
  • last reply

Jun '20

replies

views

users

link

Waiting for an answer on this @jasonwilkes too. I have been trying to make a payment and asked for help but no one is actually resolving the issue.

I am also seriously concerned.

I appreciate there may well be a need for security checks but to just leave people hanging is truly awful. My fear, from some of the threads I’m reading, is they’ll lock your money down for weeks or months. It’s particularly pertinent at the moment when people are struggling to survive.

No idea but even if it is it’s certainly against the spirit of how it should work. It seems lots of people are having these issues, with payments out just blocked. Never had this problem with a mainstream bank. Starting to wish I’d stayed with them! How long have you been waiting to hear from them?

Hi @jasonwilkes,

I know the team has been in touch to assist you with this on Saturday morning and that this is now all resolved.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused for you or your business.

Tide conducts checks on inbound and outbound payments to protect our members as well as the integrity of our payments network. You can find more details about our security here: https://www.tide.co/safety-security/ 2.

Thanks again for your patience,
Valentine

Many thanks. In fairness Tide came back well within their stated timescale. I appreciate security checks are sometimes needed - it’s just rather unsettling, particularly when reading some of the threads. I don’t know those individual circumstance and, on reflection, have no problem with how this has been handled.