Account Put On Hold - No Reason

I received a message yesterday saying my account was put on hold and is being reviewed. There was no information on what the review was all about.
In my opinion, if you can’t tell me what you’re reviewing, you have no right to withhold my money.

My business is about to crumble. I have missing payments that will affect my credit rating and worthiness with my suppliers. You can’t just treat people like this. No calls, no explanation or clarification of what the problem is.

It is more depressing to know that this is a very frequent thing with tide accounts and no one has done anything about it?

Do your new customers know they could be victims of this sort of thing?

If my business crumbles, I will take it upon myself to make sure it does not happen to anyone else.

Hi Chukwuka,

We’re saddened to hear about your concerns and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

UK financial regulation requires us to verify information from time to time to ensure we remain compliant and our members’ accounts are safe. If this has been the case here, and we understand that this may cause some concerns, we can confirm that we’ll contact the relevant team who will be working your case to resolve it as soon as possible for your convenience. We are unable to set a specific time frame for resolution as timescales vary from case to case.

We will actively monitor your case and you may rest assured that as soon as an outcome is received, you will be notified as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best wishes for the year ahead,

David