Account access blocked due to duplicate account created in error when setting-up new phone

Hi there,

My phone broke, and I had to buy a new one, but I have the same number as before.

When trying to access my Tide account from this new phone, I mistakenly created another Tide account - my new phone is therefore linked to this new account, so I cant use it to access my original (correct) Tide account.

I therefore need to delete the new account I created in error, and then link my new phone to my original (correct) Tide account that I have money in, and urgently need to continue using/issuing invoices from for work Ive done over recent months.

Does anyone know how I might be able to resolve this issue? Ive already tried emailing Tide this message, but no response yet.

Many thanks.

Hi there @rupert1868

Thank you for letting us know about this. What should help with this is going through the account recovery process again, paying special attention to the email that you’re entering when the app prompts you.

If you’re not sure which one this is, please feel free to message me directly and I’ll get back to you to assist you further.

Regards,
Obi

Hi Obi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I went through the account recovery process, but ended up recovering the new account I had created in error, rather than reactivating my original (correct) Tide account, linking it to my new phone.

Should I liaise directly with you regarding this, or try recovering my original Tide account again?

Rupert

Hi @rupert1868

If you remember the email that you used when setting up the account, please go ahead and try to go through recovery again.

Otherwise, just let me know the name of you business, that’ll let me reach out to assist more directly!

Thanks Obi.

My business name is Rupert Millican.

This is also my name.

Rupert

Thanks Rupert!

I’ve just sent you an email that should help explain what’s caused this issue a bit better.

Just reply to it if you need anything further from me!

Obi