Accessing your account on another phone

Hi, has Tide got anywhere with the above please? I want to set up an account with my business partner and we will both need access to the app from different devices. Thanks.

Ive have had a tide account for several weeks now but still unable to use it. Set it up on a phone but then broke the screen. Tried the app on another phone and it wont allow me to re-register - just keeps trying to open a new account then says I cant. Got screen repaired on my phone but now have to reload the app - and the app still wont allow me to re-register. Tried it on a third phone and again it still wont allow me to re-register and when I retried it the app simply refused to open. Desperately need to pay in some money but its getting to the point where I suspect it might just be simpler to set a different bank account up.

Hi @smemanagment.co.uk, really sorry to hear about this. Could you please reach out to us via hello@tide.co? Our Help team would be more than happy to assist you through this process.

Hi Victoria - thank you I will email them. Is that the full email address hello@tide.co?

Yes, that’s the full email @smemanagment.co.uk

I have a new phone - when I get to the stage where I need to rescan my ID i get “invalid multipart request” and can not go any further.

There MUST be a simpler way to change your phone and not lose business banking!

Any ideas on how i might proceed to get back to my account?? Changing phones these days is common place.

Eventually got the id to be accepted and was pleased to see that the new security code was sent by text message so no need to wait for post! Great.

Hi @customerinteract, pleased to hear that this was sorted in the end. However, if in doubt, do get in touch with our Help team via hello@tide.co or via the in-app chat. They’re always on hand to assist :slight_smile:

Are you still able to use the old phone too? Don’t want to try in case it mixes things up…
It’s great that you can now change phones immediately though

Hi @customerinteract, thanks for your feedback. You should be able to access your account on your old phone as well.

is this sorted now as I have tried to login on an iPhone and it makes me register again - not valiate my info but register!

have it setup on android but need to login on iPhone so I can link my account to xero

again pretty crappy as android wont let you do this !

Sorry you’re having trouble @lottie,

If you’re being prompted to sign up, rather than being pushed through account recovery, the email address you’re entering is not linked to an active Tide account.
Are you still logged in on your android device? If so, you can find the email address linked to your account by selecting ‘More’, then ‘About me’.

If you’ve any trouble just email hello@tide.co, we’d be happy to assist :slight_smile:

Have been experiencing troubles with the reactivation of the app after a new mobile phone had to be used.
The logo appears and nothing else.

Anybody from the support team to advice?

Hey @webity!

Have you deleted and re-installed the app after restoring your device? If you are restoring the apps linked to your previous device, you will just need to delete and re-install the Tide app.

You cannot enter your passcode to regain access on a 'restored’ version of the app.

If you’re still having trouble could you please email hello@tide.co so our Member Support team can look in to this for you? :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to get access to my account on a new phone for the last 24 hours without any joy - can’t get the account reactivation process to start, I just keep getting invited to open a new account. I don’t want a new account, I want access to my existing one. 6 emails to hello@tide.co and only one reply, and that just contained a link to this article. Abysmal customer service and processes that don’t work - this is literally unusable as a business account.

Hi @locked_out,

I can see you were speaking to our team last week. Sorry that you didn’t hear back from us.

I have just emailed you on the email address associated with your account. It will also be the email address that we sent your ‘welcome to tide’ email to :slight_smile:

If you don’t receive an email from me, can you please let me know, we’ll have to take you through an account verification process in order to share a forgotten email address.

Thanks,
Felicity

Is it possible to have tide set up (with the same account) on more than one phone, or can the app only be run on one phone at a time?

Hi @IELtd, thank you for reaching out. At the moment it is not possible to access the same Tide account on more than one device at the same time. Providing multi-access is high priority for our product team. This will be a complex structure to build and we are looking at implementing incremental steps which will provide multi-user access whilst we build this function. Our first step will be allowing co-directors equivalent access to the app.
In the meantime, we offer team cards and read access (https://www.tide.co/blog/new-feature/give-your-team-read-access/).
We do not have a timeline for our multi-access stages yet, but our team are working hard to deliver this to our members, and we will continue to supply updates wherever possible.
Thanks, Ali

Hi there, trying to sign in after reinstalling the app on my phone. The sign in screen doesn’t look like that anymore - you now have to choose “sign up” or “I already have an account”. When you choose the latter, however, it asks you to take a picture of your identification document and a picture of yourself, then takes you straight back to the beginning and asks you to register. Like Groundhog Day.
Is there a bug?
Many thanks, Dee

Ok thank you